Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

My latest modelling acquisition has nothing to do with kits but to me it is great change.

My stash, as is many peoples is up in the loft, my house is a 1970's creation so I can just about kneel up in it.

As I am not as nimble as I was, even with a new knee it got to be a bother getting up there so I decided on a change, a couple of years ago I had a new two story extension built with a garage for my motorbikes on the ground floor, having sold one bike I had more space so a cunning plan was formulated.

My latest acquisition was a pair of eBay shelves, which took me a couple of days to assemble as they are modern wonders of engineering and require no bolts at all.

So off to the loft I went and passed down my precious kits into my wife's waiting arms, these were then shuttled downstairs and installed into the new shelves and don't they look good.

I have only moved my 1/32 scale kits though the 1/48 kits and the Military models stash are still up in the loft awaiting their fate.

And here they are, I did miss some of the older 1/32 scale kits but it looks like they can come down too.

spacer.png

Cheers

Dennis

16 hours ago, dennismcc said:

My latest modelling acquisition has nothing to do with kits but to me it is great change.

My stash, as is many peoples is up in the loft, my house is a 1970's creation so I can just about kneel up in it.

As I am not as nimble as I was, even with a new knee it got to be a bother getting up there so I decided on a change, a couple of years ago I had a new two story extension built with a garage for my motorbikes on the ground floor, having sold one bike I had more space so a cunning plan was formulated.

My latest acquisition was a pair of eBay shelves, which took me a couple of days to assemble as they are modern wonders of engineering and require no bolts at all.

So off to the loft I went and passed down my precious kits into my wife's waiting arms, these were then shuttled downstairs and installed into the new shelves and don't they look good.

I have only moved my 1/32 scale kits though the 1/48 kits and the Military models stash are still up in the loft awaiting their fate.

And here they are, I did miss some of the older 1/32 scale kits but it looks like they can come down too.

spacer.png

Cheers

Dennis

Very nice. 

Do you have a link to those shelfs. Ive been looking for some

2 hours ago, BloorwestSiR said:

Thanks to my sister, I get to cross something off my grail list. 

PXL_20210817_160804528-600x450.jpg

She got it for my 50th earlier this month and it arrived today. 

Can't wait to start once I grab the needed radio gear. 

Carl

Nice!

When I first saw that thing as a 1/10th scale R/C off road racer when I was a kid, I though that was about as cool as it came

4 hours ago, Michael931080 said:

Looks like a very interesting book.  Would love to know more about it.

Just published, probably within the last week or so. My first look-see, impressed me greatly. The splendid photos of many of the carriers, both intact and being damaged and/or destroyed by the Japanese, are truly excellent. I will be reviewing it here on LSP, as roughly a third of the book is dedicated to the aircraft associated with these carriers; Vindicator, Devastator, etc.

2 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Nice!

When I first saw that thing as a 1/10th scale R/C off road racer when I was a kid, I though that was about as cool as it came

Tamiya had these double sided 1 sheet flyers for the Bruiser when it first came out. I had one taped to my wall like a poster. 

When I get it done, it'll go nicely with my Clod Buster and Tamiya F-350 trucks. 

Carl

I had a hard time of leaving things stock when it came to my RC stuff. Even now, they're upgraded/modded in various ways.

For example my F-350 came with steel leaf springs for the suspension but is currently on a 4 link setup. 

Likewise, it's been really hard to resist the urge to go all out on the Clod but I've managed so far. I was actually contemplating getting another to actually go nuts on before my sis gave me the Bruiser.  So I guess she saved me a ton of cash. :P