Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

Posted (edited)

Hi all!

My latest order from Eduard have arrived!

Containing;

Two Freedom Tiger Boxes, this is AFV Club´s excellent F-5E Tiger kit, the quality are secured on the plastic.

As usual Eduard have added lots of goodies as Ready painted etch, masks for canopy and wheels, decals for 8 nice machines and some resin bits (wheels and RWR antennas).

IMG_3125

Yet another Wildcat, this is a Late FM-2 version, I wanted the decaloptions for the Atlantic scheme and a British bird.

IMG_3126

One Overtree box (just the sprues) with extra plastic….

IMG_3128

Finally, I have this beautiful box in my hands!

This could only be bought on pre-order and will not be sold later!

IMG_3130

Exactly the same content as the Double-combo (plastic, etch, masks and decals, but Eduard have added some extra goodies as Resin wheels (2 sets), resin exhausts (2sets, shrouded and unshrouded), 2 resin seats (2 types), 4 additional decal shemes, a 8th AF badge replica(?) and a boxart poster.

This will be on the table very soon!

I also bought a over-tree box, there´s so many nice decal-options in this kit!

IMG_3123

I also got some much needed etch sets…

IMG_3131

Stefan    :beer:

Edited by Phantom2

• 2 weeks later...

Well after reading all the amazing builds of this kit I just had to buy one, someone (Shoggz) mentioned that Jadlam had them on offer, so I just had to order one and it arrived yesterday.

1/24 is not my scale but I really liked the builds that I have read so I will give it a go.

However it is in the "pending file" while I finish my current project, it could take a while at my glacial pace.

Cheers

Dennis

FJ9xYl.jpg

This arrived today, as ever, beautifully packaged.

These books are rapidly becoming the centrepiece of my reference collection - the standard of information and presentation is so high.

53719416267_9b2a93b565_b.jpg

I'm really itching to build a Mossie in a large scale. I did both the Tamiya 1:48 FB.VI and B.IV, but they are the biggest.

As my current build is now heading towards completion, I'm thinking maybe one of my Tamiya 1:32 FB.VIs or even the massive Airfix 1:24 version may just slide onto the bench (and take up most of it - certainly in the case of the Airfix kit!)

Yes agree on the books, I have a birthday and Christmas wish list and they are always on them.

So I normally always get something useful and enjoyable on these occasions from the family, bless them.

Cheers

Dennis

Well a couple of purchases spurred on by reading build threads on LSP.

First up the Border Kate, at first the infinity 1/32 version was the one that I wanted but it turned into a HpH kit which with AM is way outside my £100 limit on kit purchases, OK for the right subject (Defiant) I would go above that but not for a Kate.

But I still wanted a big scale Kate and Quang's build went so well and impressed me so much that I gave in and ordered one from Hannants and it arrived today, it may not be 1/32 but it is a large scale modern tooled kit of a subject that I want.

8IxVFW.jpg

And of course there had to be some AM for the Airfix Spitfire, I am just saving up for the 1ManArmy masks now.

4zQg7k.jpg

Cheers

Dennis

On 5/11/2024 at 8:30 PM, dennismcc said:

Well after reading all the amazing builds of this kit I just had to buy one, someone (Shoggz) mentioned that Jadlam had them on offer, so I just had to order one and it arrived yesterday.

1/24 is not my scale but I really liked the builds that I have read so I will give it a go.

However it is in the "pending file" while I finish my current project, it could take a while at my glacial pace.

Cheers

Dennis

FJ9xYl.jpg

Great choice, Dennis.  It's a good kit and worth spending some time over.  I want to do another.

Cheers,

Michael

Something a little different for the stash today - the rare Billiken Predator kit. No box, but significantly cheaper than any others I could find. And much better than the nasty re-cast I inadvertently bought out of Malaysia many years ago...

35OoOJ.jpg

Kev

7 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Something a little different for the stash today - the rare Billiken Predator kit. No box, but significantly cheaper than any others I could find. And much better than the nasty re-cast I inadvertently bought out of Malaysia many years ago...

35OoOJ.jpg

Kev

Wow, I'd be curious to see how the vinyl is holding up. Last vinyl kit I did was the old Horizon ED-209. The main body was a nightmare to keep the front and back halves joined, nevermind trying to get them square. Hopefully there won't be any such joint on this kit. 

4 minutes ago, BloorwestSiR said:

Wow, I'd be curious to see how the vinyl is holding up. Last vinyl kit I did was the old Horizon ED-209. The main body was a nightmare to keep the front and back halves joined, nevermind trying to get them square. Hopefully there won't be any such joint on this kit.

The parts look pretty good, and in fact much better than the knock-off. As far as I can work out, this kit actually came to me directly from Billiken USA (via eBay), as the location of both the seller and company in Honolulu is suspiciously similar, and the eBay ad listed it as "dead stock". And the plastic bag the parts were in is definitely original, complete with a tiny "Made in Japan" sticker still attached.

And funny you should mention the Horizon ED-209, as I was just looking at mine the other day:

GttCzz.jpg

6szjIJ.jpg

7QmzcE.jpg

Should be fun! :frantic:But at least I have the Moderoid kit to fall back on, should this one go, well, pear-shaped...

Kev

@LSP_Kevin, that brings back memories. Not necessarily good ones either. The hard part is getting the front section to stay rigid so it doesn't collapse on itself. I never tried it but I've heard of using balled up newspaper stuffed inside to help it keep its shape. Also, you can fill the lower legs with plaster to give it some weight and  help it stay on its feet. If you get that far. 

I've got the Moderoid kit too. Huge improvement all around. I've also got their Cain kit. 

Got two new kits in this week, and both ones I'm heavily excited for.

i-C5vB5RH-XL.jpg

I've wanted to do a Spanish Civil War Sparviero for years now, and I last tried the Classic Airframes kit when I was a teenager and nowhere near experienced enough to handle it. The Eduard boxing adds a ton of great resin and etched to the original kit, let's see if it goes together better than it did 18 years ago.

i-6ztFNqh-XL.jpg

Been anxiously waiting the release of this one from Lukgraph, and it's a beauty. Great to see someone finally doing America's premier WW1 trainer in 1/32.  It's got decal options for the Smithsonian's example, so that's the one I'll be doing. Sky Blue/Olive Drab/Chrome Yellow will certainly make it stand out on the tables.

Matt