Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

4 hours ago, panzerrob said:

These are my latest additions to the pile:

pnrnyS2Aj

I bought this kit with the help of the Amazon Gift Card I won with the Christmas Raffle!

pmynWmAKj

This very nice book will help with the build!

pmZAFJtwj

Another win in the Christmas Raffle was this decal set! It took 3 months to arrive from the US!

pmc7QPOQj

So this Ebay package arrrived in order to use the decals.

poQlUh8oj

This was included in the kit, but most likely I won't use it. If interested, let me know!

Still underway from Poland are a few P-E sets for the above kits.

With regards,

Rob

Thats a sweet haul! 

Id take you up on the exhaust if you dont want them :D

On 3/10/2021 at 6:47 AM, mark31 said:

Yes indeed the Come at a price but worth every cent

Keeps away the dust 

Mark

Hi Mark.

Is this a brand case or specially made?

On 3/13/2021 at 1:06 PM, BloorwestSiR said:

I just received the new Resin2Detail Lancaster seat and it's stunning. 

PXL_20210312_185450202-600x450.jpg

PXL_20210312_185457600-600x450.jpg

Where can I buy resin2detail items? I need that seat. :)

Today box number 2 arrived ...

bUNBIKc.jpg

I had forgotten exactly what I ordered apart from these ...

71fTnSo.jpg

Because I wanted to depict a platoon on the march I needed a few of the same sort and as stated previously these "Blitz" kits seem to be the right kits for the job ... Decal variation for the tank numbers will be provided via a Dragon kit of the same ilk with an oversupply!! ...

KDhk3JD.jpg

I need a Tiger for that Kursk dio (and a Pz.Kfpw.IV Ausf.G) ... But this one is not it ... The markings in THIS box are for Whittmans tiger (options are for both at Kursk and later) ... after seeing the Tiger kit Border is about to release in the not-too-distant future ... AND with the markings for 2 Kursk vehicles in the right unit (S.Pz.Abt 505) - the decision to hold on the Tiger acquisition FOR THE DIO was made ...

This Tiger is a Rye Field Model kit that was on sale with a decent discount. As you can see ... The box is fairly chunky ... This is because the kit contains a full interior AND alternative clear parts for the upper hull and turret ... It will make a great solo display piece ... although without using the markings ...

*** Interlude: I've never felt uncomfortable building or displaying German arms for WWII (or Japanese for that matter) ... even with the crooked black cross thing on the tailplane of aircraft or on flags draped across tanks for IFF. A military arm or weapon is just that - regardless of the regime. However I draw a line at assembling and displaying anything SS related - the politically fanatical wing of the military ... which is why this tank will be displayed without Whittmans makings when it is done. ***

BdKGLEw.jpg

7hEsNob.jpg

I feel that you can never have enough figurines laying about for Panzer crew or auxiliaries ... so I grabbed a couple of boxes that caught my eye. The Tamiya one has 4 complete figures and 4 torso only  :)

Gjpq0lI.jpg

vFUtT3k.jpg

Rog :)

On 3/13/2021 at 3:12 AM, LSP_K2 said:

I'll be interested on your take of the Takom kits, Rog. While I have some of the V2 stuff and associated equipment, I've yet to grab any of their armor kits.

Sorry for the delayed response Kev ... Funny thing is Carl has already responded below now - and from my hazy memories it was him who I asked for info before looking them up myself ...

My thoughts are: Dragon level of detail and accuracy with about 50%+ Less PIA!! ... Don't get me wrong - Dragon kits are still very awesome but someone in the marketing/design team had a brain explosion some time ago when they started with the whole DS Track thing - they are rubbish ...

Magic Tack was the bomb - and the perfect "realistic" non AM solution ... BUT these link and length assemblies in the modern kits (Dragon are copying with their "Neo" Smart kits) are the ultimate for mine ... Fun Fact - Tamiya was the first to introduce them - in their newer tooled early Pz.II and I thought it was a pretty decent idea when I saw it then.

Thanks to newer folding/casting technologies, there is a lot of included detail on parts that is the Dragon level of "Crisp" and in some cases - probably superior! ... Therefore there is a much less part count and less sub-assemblies - right up my alley when theres a big project in the making!

On 3/13/2021 at 10:05 AM, BloorwestSiR said:

I built their Jagdtiger in the same series as the Panzer III kits and it went together very nicely. 

This was OOB with nothing added. The price was great too, less than $40 CAD when I bought it. 

Carl

Nice Carl! ... The Jagdtiger (along with a Ferdinand) ... is about the only kit I haven't built yet (of any brand) ... I think the Takom kit comes with a 2-in-1 choice for early or late types so I could pick whichever one suits a Dio for it - options are always good so it's the ideal choice. 

Const of the Pz.III M/N kits is around 50-55 Aussie pesos - dunno what the Jagd-kitty comes to?

Rog :)

Edited by Artful69