Telford SMW 2021

Phartycr0c

We will be there on the Sunday as usual, COVID pass on the phone and just in case printed out as well.

Years ago when we used to stay for the weekend in Telford we went to the IPMS dinner, we were not part of any group but were sat at a table with the Farnborough IPMS group and had a great time.

Cheers

Dennis

• 3 weeks later...

We will be there tomorrow as usual, there is nothing that I "need" at the moment so I can just relax and look at all the amazing builds that dot the tables, as well as picking up some pre ordered masks and paint from the Hannants stand.

Cheers

Dennis

Had a fine day yesterday, managed to get there by 8:20, got into a very empty Centre car park, no queue to get in the building, at the building door the centre staff checked our Covid vacination records and stamped our hands, once in our IPMS cards where checked and wristbands affixed.

We were then shown into hall 1 which this year was just full of chairs with the food areas so only Halls 2 and 3 were used for the show, there was a small queue waiting to get in at 09:00. Had some breakfast and then in we marched.

Really relaxing no crowds, no getting bashed by swinging rucksacks, we could actually get near the tables to gaze in wonder at the items on display, picked up my pre order of paints and masks from the Hannants stand, popped to the LSP stand to say hello and bought some bits and pieces. Sadly could not find a kit to buy, I will have to wait for Special Hobby and Kotare to fetch something out for me.

Here's a few of my photos, just things that took my fancy.

Covid stamp and wrist band

bNo46g.jpg

The national champion, from the stage play Warhorse

lfDhpa.jpg

And bits other things that attracted me

89qoYf.jpg

o6DMuF.jpg

LHdlBy.jpg

kAVWui.jpg

SbyvmS.jpg

iYSRQP.jpg

Forgot this one, if only I had a bigger house and more money.

9SWiuN.jpg

Cheers

Dennis

Edited by dennismcc

I am on my way home from Telford now, I am in the train station in Dublin. I had a great time and it was well-worth the journey. The show was slightly smaller, indeed, but not that much smaller. The relaxed pace reminded me very much of the IPMS USA shows. 

I met the LSP people at the 32 SIG and we had a bit of a chat (but not enough :mellow:). I also met many of the other people I usually meet at the show. I bought way too many books. 

All in all I am glad I went. I am already looking forward next year.

Radu

I've finally sat down in front of the puter after a REALLY busy weekend. 

So nice to chat to Juraj and Radu amongst many others. the show had a feel of almost starting up again and as has already been highlighted, had a more relaxed vibe with plenty of time to admire the views. 

Personally, I felt that during this awful pandemic, folks have made the most of it and been busy producing some new stuff for display. I genuinely got the feeling that despite the reduction in numbers the hobby is alive and well and has in fact increased in popularity. 

Peter from Airscale in particular has been busy "throwing together" a Hawker Fury which was entered into the competition and although it wasn't crowned champion, It had to be extracted from underneath a pile of paperwork after the judging. 

The LSP stand had a lot of interest with Mikes digital Flankers attracting a lot of attention, as well as his formation liberator. 

Roll on 2022.

Here's a few of the Large scale highlights that caught my eye. 

IMG_0555

Oh and Kevin was there too In spirit at least. 

IMG_0556

IMG_0557

IMG_0559

IMG_0560

Lovely Costal Command Liberator with 3d printed add ons! 

IMG_0564

IMG_0591

Continued