Something to raise a smile - What’s your reason to be cheerful?

Stokey Pete

3 hours ago, mpk said:

My reason to be cheerful is this. It looks like I won't have my foot amputated. Such a relief. One more operation in 3 weeks and it should be sweet. :D

That news makes my day. Keeping positive makes a difference and you never seemed to dwell on it and get you down.

10 hours ago, Confusionreigns178 said:

Firstly, it's great news that you have been given a much improved prognosis. I hope you make a full and speedy recovery.

Secondly, what are you Aussies doing that the rest of the world aren't? In the UK, we've had more than 55,000 COVID deaths and counting. I can appreciate that Oz is blimming enormous and has a population about a half the size of the UK, but I can only conclude that we are doing something very wrong...

Chris.   

I live in Western Australia and we haven't had community transmission for nearly eight months. The reason is a very early hard lock down and border closure from the rest of Oz. Any travelers, including locals, that return from overseas have to hotel quarantine in a nominated hotel (at their own expense - AUD$2500 per person). Australia is now ready to have no inter state borders closed as all the states now have no community transmission. Melbourne was the basket case because they let Covid get out of the quarantine hotels and had to do a severe lock down for about 6 weeks. The way forward for us (until there is a vaccine) is each state now has excellent contact tracing teams so that when there is a breakout, the cluster can be contained. Aussies are great international travelers but as Qantas says nobody will be flying overseas unless they are vaccinated.

TRF

10 minutes ago, MARU5137 said:

I am HAPPY  because I am ALIVE..

:yahoo:

Can’t argue with that one. I think we can all be happy about that. Even if I now have a pile of scrap plastic that used to be a Tamiya Mud Hen :rofl:, daughter loves playing with it, trying to fit bits back in place. Maybe the seeds of creative interest have been sown. 

12 hours ago, Confusionreigns178 said:

Firstly, it's great news that you have been given a much improved prognosis. I hope you make a full and speedy recovery.

Secondly, what are you Aussies doing that the rest of the world aren't? In the UK, we've had more than 55,000 COVID deaths and counting. I can appreciate that Oz is blimming enormous and has a population about a half the size of the UK, but I can only conclude that we are doing something very wrong...

Chris.   

It also helps it's summer down under, hopefully the vaccines will be available Worldwide in the next six months or less.

Hi, Fastterry.

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, during COVID, the British government has just stumbled from one disaster to another. Back in the Summer, they opened up the pubs and bars - 'cos obviously heavily-drunk people are great at judging what constitutes good social-distancing! The gov are c@@@ping themselves, thinking that the UK's economy is sliding down the drain. I have a feeling that the economy is in the toilet anyway, but it's not become obvious yet (oh, joy). We can probably look forward to a DEEP recession in the next few years, which is great news after the global recession of 2008....

Anyway, I hope that everyone on LSP is healthy, happy and is not letting this current situation get them down too much. 

Chris.       

2 minutes ago, Stevepd said:

I’m happy today as it’s our 31st wedding Anniversary. As with most things in life it’s flown by. Secondly having been made redundant, I’ve got another job starting on Tuesday. So I’m very lucky in finishing one day & starting the next!.

Well done Steve, that’s great news all round, many congratulations. 

31 years these days is a monumental accomplishment. 

All the best to you and your wife, Steve.

Today I am happy because one of my large tool boxes fell over and crashed into my bench. Stuff flew everywhere. Including my builds. 3 tanks and a sturmovik. The only damage was felt by my 1/72 Fw-200. One of the resin elevators is god knows where. Even these 2 builds were undamaged. 

NgiOKk.jpg