8 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

Hey Anthony,

I love the efforts going on here.  Nothing more.  Such a deep dive into the abyss and I’m loving it. I haven’t seen a second Phantom with a lower inlet vertical stab inlet kink but looking forward to seeing one.   

Did see your reply on the J. Saunders hanger.   Three P-40’s is a good thing!   A Ryan STA is even better,   A SE-5 is even better!   He has a Kiwi T-6 as well.  Hoping he has a couple lives to make it all happen!  We spent a lot of good time around this lovely planet working on modern commercial aircraft transfers.  Certainly good times!   For sure.  

Thanks Troy...and not being a jet guy I appreciate your interest!

4 hours ago, DonH said:

This is a great build, I am enjoying learning all about the tiny details on the best of the tooms.

IMHO, the kink in the intake is the result of blunt force trauma applied by a technician. Probably after an internet search "what can make my Phantom go faster?"

Thanks Don, yes this sure is a learning curve for me too.  LOL yes, we are all just petrol headed boys at heart arent we!

Here we go, FGR.2 XT899, with the kink in the fin base too

MT5bk7.jpg

Actually the FGR.2 fin is very different as far as panel configuration goes.  Strange but true

Might try and squeeze a bit of modelling in before bed...

7 hours ago, DonH said:

This is a great build, I am enjoying learning all about the tiny details on the best of the tooms.

IMHO, the kink in the intake is the result of blunt force trauma applied by a technician. Probably after an internet search "what can make my Phantom go faster?"

Hi Don,

This feature is present on all of the FGR.2 Phantoms I (and Anthony) have seen so far, so it appears to be a feature which is unique to that mark of aircraft.

Have a great day.

Derek

1 minute ago, Derek B said:

Hi Don,

This feature is present on all of the FGR.2 Phantoms I (and Anthony) have seen so far, so it appears to be a feature which is unique to that mark of aircraft.

Have a great day.

Derek

Thanks Derek, of course you are not accounting for the fact that all the FGR.2 Phantoms were maintained by the same technician at some time...

On 11/21/2020 at 7:49 PM, GMK said:

The dreaded modeller’s “assumption of symmetry” strikes again! We’ve all been there, of course.

Great work Anthony. Watching your great work on this is somewhat bittersweet. Always excellent to see your talented work, of course, but a little sad that all of this is what’s needed to portray a UK Phantom! Hopefully your efforts will spur a manufacturer to get one to market in 1/32 scale!

Not just modellers. Trumpeters mirrored Stuka anti tank guns, for example....