Trumpeters Best?

Mark P

52 minutes ago, LSP_Mike said:

Dauntless, TBM...

21 minutes ago, phantom said:

1/32 Avenger!

16 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

The Hurricane kits are also excellent.

All excellent IMHO. Especially the big Hurrie. 

- I might also add the SU-30 to that list, although some say its not overly accurate, but to me it was a huge, big fun model to build, and it won me a every contest I entered it in, including the US NATs back in 2017.

- I have also heard good things about their A-6, and some good things about their new Mig-29UB, which I have in the stash and looks excellent in box.

Not aviation related, but the big Jagdtiger I'm currently working on, is a fabulous effort from Trumpeter and I don't regret the purchase one tiny little bit. They really did their homework on this one. I tend to also really like all of the big 1:24 109s, but I realize they do have some errors, fixable, but errors nonetheless. Overall though, I rate them rather highly.

Best Trumpy kit I've built is their MiG-3.  A very nice build with good parts fit. 

I'm not in agreement with others here about their 1/24 Hurricanes.  Mostly it's good, but the engine is rubbish.  It's 1/32nd scale and inaccurate.  You may as well glue the cowlings in place and leave it unpainted, which for me defeats the purpose of building such a large scale plane.  I have one in my stash which I'll try to kitbash with the Airfix Hurricane engine one day, but for my money, the Airfix kit is at least as good if you're happy with a MkI.

Cheers,

Michael

5 minutes ago, eoyguy said:

As big armor goes, their Panther and  PZKpfw IV, , the SU-100, and  of course their T-34's, are nice. Can't say they are 100 percent dead nuts accurate, but nice. And I still like their 1/32 Me-262 and 1/24 BF-109's

I too have heard that the 262 kits are quite nice.

The recent Mig-29 are quite good. With regard to US planes, most are so-so but the F-117, Crusaders, Intruders and Skyraiders are globally ok. Their Me 262 series is nice and their 109G one is not worse than the ones of the competitors. The Swordfish is also a good kit. Dauntless and Avengers are beautiful kits. The HB Sturmoviks are also recommended.