PR.XI & Mk.Vc - Revell Mk.IXc & Mk.IIa kits

Wackyracer

Wasnt 100% happy with the exhaust stains so reworked with some dirty white paint and oils blended with white spirit.

Zy9St6O.jpg

z7kitsz.jpg

Also some more oil work on the body and wings to try and sunbleech the grey/blue and bring the original camo up a touch.

lRuNqFR.jpg

I'd originally used the kit decals for the tail but hated them from the outset. Removed, masked and sprayed as I should have done in the first place!

qsVE4Z5.jpg

Blending the codes and roundels to the fuselage

q2Gqmer.jpg

Underside roundels sprayed

Zk024i9.jpg

Centre tanks slowly getting there. I figured if they came from a hurricane then they would be the same colour as the underside. I need to dirty them up as well. 

sjDkCZm.jpg

Aaron

• 4 weeks later...

Have caught up on your WIP, wow the work is fantastic  some great scratch work etc, they are both absolutely stunning.  I like the painting and weathering especially on the Vc but also love a PR bird too.

I have a few if each MkII and IX in the stash, two to convert, one to a XIV. Also currently have a heavily modified but stalled Hobbyboss Mk Vb on the shelf of doom.  May have to pick it up again. 

Great work on the fine pair 

All the best 

Chris 

• 2 months later...
15 hours ago, seiran01 said:

Bloody nice work on both of these!!  I'm surprised by the double fuel tanks on the Vc - have never seen that before in photographs.  Love it  :piliot:

go back to page 9 and ive put the photo of said VC

• 11 months later...