1/32 Messerschmitt Bf 108 'Taifun' by Eduard

pvanroy

On 5/12/2020 at 3:20 PM, Kagemusha said:

Not sure if they're available, but these should fit the bill.

The full list of ten decal sheets from Kora.

On 5/11/2020 at 2:43 AM, LSP_Mike said:

I think I have a bunch if you need some

On 5/10/2020 at 10:44 PM, Rick Griewski said:

Hmmm.... I may go through my Bf-109 markings for the Spanish  Civil war.  Proportions will be similar. 

To Mike, Rick and Kag,

Many thanks either for your offers or for pointing me in the right direction, it is much appreciated. I will be going with the Kora Models dec's and just hoping they also produce a set for post end of SCW in 1939 with the red & yellow roundels.

Stay safe and well & good modelling.

Gary. 

9 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

Just having a google and came across this site with a selection of profiles.

hi

wow !! no excuse for a lack of inspiration :doh:, I can't believe that there are so many scheme options , I guess that decal manufacturers will have plenty to do !!!

A pleasant new kit to ponder upon. Sure does look nice.  Wow.  Spruce brothers mentions a list price of $51.USD.   Then I see a new Look PE set for $11.50,  A new set of resin wheels for $13.49 USD, a new resin prop for $7.49.  Anding a new set of paint masks for $13.49.  Hmmmm. $97.97 for liaison aircraft?   I forgot to mention a set of decals will also likely be required along with a lot of added shipping charges for the items mentioned above.  I’m also pretty confident I’m missing some other additional aftermarket items for this new exciting kit.   

I already have numerous box loads of purchased kits I need to build ahead of this kit of interest, however that doesn’t mean I don’t want one, right?   So I’ll wait.  I’ll build kits of interest and wait for someone to purchase this kit/ aftermarket and get over extended towards the end of the year.  My ingenious plan will be to sneak in and purchase this one for a fraction on what the person originally spent!   I love this hobby.   

I do want this kit.  I just want that new Special Hobby Westland Whirlwind more!  

Troy

The “Profipack” really only needs the resin wheels. IMHO  The kit has PE set with instrument panel and the resin propeller.  Any fully loaded kit you would wait for will require postage.  Soooo I recommend that you buy now before the kit is replaced by a  “Week End Edition”.   Just saying...

Rick

Good points Rick,  this kit just isn’t the top priority on my list.   I still need the Hs 129 in Luftwaffe livery, the Ki-45 and perhaps the Mediterranean B-25 From HK.   The 108 is awesome looking however.

Just FYI, if you really want to know how advanced this aircraft was when built check out the Fantasy of flight Bf-108 restoration.   A really great look at the construction and systems incorporated into the original aircraft build.  Highly recommended.   

My kit arrived (at last!) today. I'm happy to say none of my sprues has that orange peel problem and the canopy is incredibly clear. However, I'm feeling a little bit ripped off as why selling separately the propeller when it is in the kit and very frankly the Look IP does not really bring any added value. However, the spoked resin wheels are far better than the kit ones. Caveat emptor!