New kit announcement reactions

Dave Williams

I am sure I am guilty of some of the things mentioned in this thread.  

However, their is nothing I love more in scale modeling than a new kit announcement from a major manufacturer.  With the state of the art of model design continuously improving I look foreword to every new kit.  That does not mean I buy them but sometimes I am inspired by one or one comes out that I have been waiting on.  The Tamiya Mustang and Corsairs in particular.  In general I love new models.  I am not really at all sentimental about old models.  

I don't ever really get the urge to build a reveal kit from the 70's or 80's, even though that is when I really started in the hobby.  Some tamiya kits from that time period are still so well done that they are relevant and the only choice, especially their F-1 kits.  Back then their F-1, and Motorcycle subjects were so good that they are still outstanding kits.  

Armor and airplanes have changed a lot since then and i don't find myself going back in time often.

- I have zero interest in this subject, I could not be bothered (but actually interested/bothered enough to spend time on writing about it) :-) 

- We want a Val or Kate! (no idea what they are but they must be good, I see them mentioned a lot... ) 

Radu