HONG KONG MODELS 1/32 Lancaster MK III Dambuster

Robthepom

1 hour ago, Artful69 said:

I very much doubt the 617 Chastise Lancs had stressed skin with the amount of flying they did.

As an ex airframe repairman stressed skin is a reality, but the problem I have with it on kits is that it's too consistent and in places it should not be, like the leading edges of the new 1/24 F6F that someone is releasing. In order to get that much distortion in a leading edge it would have to be riveted by toddlers.

But, that's just my opinion. B)

1 hour ago, Archer Fine Transfers said:

As an ex airframe repairman stressed skin is a reality, but the problem I have with it on kits is that it's too consistent and in places it should not be, like the leading edges of the new 1/24 F6F that someone is releasing. In order to get that much distortion in a leading edge it would have to be riveted by toddlers.

But, that's just my opinion. B)

LOL!  A toddler or someone with a 6X rivet gun,  AD4 rivets, and no control....

18 minutes ago, Rob Colvin said:

Any chance they will the 22000 Grand slam Lancaster?

thanks

I'd say yes - spread the cost of development over as many kits as possible - as long as they reckon demand is still there.

On 5/2/2019 at 1:43 PM, alanash1963 said:

yes price is the key you pay for what you get wing nut wings will be the best for your money but wing nut wings are excellent kits as we all know lot more detailed and hope no problems like hkm ? 

Alan

Problems are at the perception of the builder. I personally can live with a rivet being 0.00000000000001mm out of line :whistle:

If i could afford one it would be the HKM. That way i could buy another kit with the money it would cost to even afford one WNW Lanc. But hey. This thread is about the HKM Lanc and not WNW. Sorry OP

Looks like HKM is trying to be first to market at a lower cost.  It is not like their Lancaster is a bad kit.  But for the fact that WNW went to another level with theirs the HKM would be the leader in the field by virtue of being out first.  At least this way HKM will get a shot at selling a bunch of units with the market to itself for a while.  Hopefully this works out for both HKM and WNW in the end.  

I think the Grand Slam variant will be a nice addition that we may not see from WNW so with luck HKM will get that to themselves.  I don’t know that I will ever build a lancaster and if I do it will be the WNW kit.  We shall see what happens.

Seriously, how many 1/32 Lancaster Dambuster kits are WNW likely to sell, considering it will be over £500 and very late to market?

I know it'll be the absolute bee's knees, but how many people will fork out that much, especially when the HK kit will beat it to market and be considerably cheaper?

I buy - literally - shedfulls of kits, but even I am balking at the WNW kit, especially when I'd have to move the HK kit out of the way to find room for it.

If it comes in at £500+, will you buy it? (Assuming the EU price gets the dreaded 20% VAT price boost).

Well personally I’m holding out for the proposed nose only kits myself. I forget if it was HKM or Wingnut that was thinking along those lines. I have no room for those beasts as full kits so I’ve resisted the urge thus far. I did have a preorder for the HKM Lanc with the idea I’d wall mount it or have my Dad or Brother put together a Coffee table glass top display for me. But I had a talk with myself and cancelled it in the end. Did the HKM Lanc come with a wall mount like the B-17 in the end? 

So, with my interest picqued in this dambuster variant, what are the extant omissions/errors that could/may be transferred from the current offering of the HK Lancaster to the Dambuster version?  Not knowing a lot about the Lancaster, I had heard in passing that the downlocks for the main gear are molded on, or something of the sort.  Not looking for a bash-fest here, just things that one might need to look out for (to correct as it were) from the existing kit, to this release. 

13 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

It seems somewhat ironic, but now that some of the manufacturers are finally cranking out kits that were asked for by many for years (including myself), I have neither the money, space or inclination to have most of them.

We'll all getting much older waiting

I wish HKM well, but I've decided not to buy any new 1/32 kits until if and when the Kitty Hawk Jaguar, HKM F-4K Phantom and Tan Model Su-33 come out. 

Tony 

On 5/2/2019 at 2:43 PM, alanash1963 said:

yes price is the key you pay for what you get wing nut wings will be the best for your money but wing nut wings are excellent kits as we all know lot more detailed and hope no problems like hkm ? 

Alan

Although a lot here 'fear' the WNW may be more expensive, I look at it from the angle that you won't need to buy all the additional upgrade sets to correct all the flaws or improve the base kit. All the AM purchases cost a lot, and I mean a lot, of money.