Sepecat Jaguar GR3.A / GR1.A in 1/12th Scale

Timmy!

Timmy, I spent seven years working on RAFO Jaguars in Oman and those pictures of the nose wheel well detail match my minds-eye memories of those areas faultlessly. Recognising the ground cooling fan, interior wheel cover and uplocks was a real flashback. Cheers and well done from an Old Jag Fixer.

Tony

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/11/2019 at 5:57 PM, spellbinder99 said:

Timmy, I spent seven years working on RAFO Jaguars in Oman and those pictures of the nose wheel well detail match my minds-eye memories of those areas faultlessly. Recognising the ground cooling fan, interior wheel cover and uplocks was a real flashback. Cheers and well done from an Old Jag Fixer.

Tony

Glad to hear this....means I’m getting the details feel right.  Thanks for checking in.  Input from those who worked, flew etc. these jets is very valuable to me!

On 7/13/2019 at 11:50 AM, Marcel111 said:

Incredible! 

While you are getting to know the Jaguar so very well and have developed superb machining skills, how about machining some 1/32 Jaguar molds?

Cheers,

Marcel

Thanks!  Also no 1/23nd molds or kit from me.  This one will be strictly 12th scale.  Too many projects of my own to finish before my inevitable dirt nap!

Took some iPhone shots today.  The majority of the hydraulic lines are complete for the top of the nose gear well.  I’ve added a wire bundle, that several hydraulic tubes will route over, was installed.  These tubes required a number of T fittings and check valves to be printed up and pieced together.  It’s not an impressive number of tubes installed since my last installment but between fiddly construction and hours of staring at photos to understand where everything connects they consumed that time span.  Lastly the torque tube that connects the aft doors to their actuator was installed.  There are some hydraulic tubes that will route over this tube necessitating it’s installment now.

On to the photos...

48409547491_a4d01f7311_b.jpg

48409694697_091c8099c7_b.jpg

48409547581_b7df140d42_b.jpg

48409694867_d34ddf27c7_b.jpg

48409695002_0872e8aae3_b.jpg

48409547981_21041a8183_b.jpg

More soon....

Thanks for checking in!

Timmy!

3 minutes ago, easixpedro said:

Omg, tell me you painted the ties along the wiring! If you tied them like the real deal, I’m going to start another hobby... I’m stunned.

Peter

Sorry buddy....I hear baseball cards are big!?

They are tied with with wire...still can’t find scale zip-ties but there you go. 

Seriously thanks for kind nod and following along.

Timmy!

Time to take a little break from tubing!

Here is the Weapon Main Unit, part of the control of the five stores hard points.  It' s a good warm up for the cockpit detailing to come.  The main box was printed along with a block of switches and knobs.  The clear cover was cut from Evergreen clear 0.010" styrene and scored and folded to it final shape.  The upper portion masked and sanded to create the frosted border.  Fairly simple paint job, black body, aluminum wire connections, switches and cover latches and dark grey wiring boots.  After a coat a Future decals were applied and a little thinned oil paint was used to pick out details and add some grime.  Finally a coat 50/50 flat and gloss lacquer to unify the finish and the cover was attached.

Plumbing is about half done so that's next....

48457102172_f0c712619a_b.jpg

48457102122_709b31af1c_b.jpg

48457101972_715d59bc7c_b.jpg

48457101907_4a38257db8_b.jpg

More soon and thanks for checking in!

Timmy!