Sir Spendalot

Eduard (Hasegawa) 1:32 P47D Thunderbolt "Dottie Mae"

Hi All

This is the Eduard Hasegawa 1:32 P47D Thunderbolt “Dottie Mae”

A really nice, easy kit to build. The only real issues were with the instructions which left out a couple of steps and were not particularly clear at some stages.

This was my first try with the Alclad shiny stuff – which was a steep learning curve, helped greatly by LSP members.

Here’s a link to the full build story:

And here’s some pics:

P47D-093.jpg

P47D-094.jpg

P47D-095.jpg

P47D-096.jpg

P47D-097.jpg

P47D-098.jpg

P47D-099.jpg

P47D-100.jpg

P47D-101.jpg

P47D-102.jpg

P47D-103.jpg

P47D-104.jpg

P47D-105.jpg

P47D-106.jpg

P47D-107.jpg

P47D-108.jpg

P47D-109.jpg

P47D-110.jpg

Cheers

Paul

Edited by Sir Spendalot
typo

Outstanding job! Really like it! One small critique - and, it’s quite common to this a/c model. The leading edge of the engine cowling has four fasteners that should have the panel line filled in where the panel line goes through the fastener. Other than that she’s a beauty!

Cheers

Alan

3 hours ago, jep1210 said:

That looks great man. :thumbsup: See Alclad isn't so tough to work with. ;) BTW, what did you use for the seat belts? They look so realistic.

John

Thanks John - I did have a lot of encouragement :D

The seat belts are Eduard's own that came with the kit - along with a fair amount of other PE bits.

4 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Wow!  You should be exceptionally proud of that one Paul!   For whatever reason, I really like the big fuel tanks under the wings.  Really well done man. 

Thanks Brian - and the good thing is you can remove the dangly bits if you decide you don't like them as they"re held in with rubber gromets (can't remember the technical term!)

3 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

Really well done, Paul! A model to be proud of.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::goodjob::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Thanks Ray - was really please the way she turned out :D

2 hours ago, alaninaustria said:

Outstanding job! Really like it! One small critique - and, it’s quite common to this a/c model. The leading edge of the engine cowling has four fasteners that should have the panel line filled in where the panel line goes through the fastener. Other than that she’s a beauty!

Cheers

Alan

Thanks Alan. Now you come to mention it, I vaguely remembering reading about the fasteners somewhere - and looking at it again, it makes perfect sense. Next time ...