Paul Fisher Fire Relief - GoFundMe

LSP_Kevin

Thanks, one and all. The campaign has now raised over $24,000, and in only 5 days! This is an astonishing community response, and I'm sure Paul will be able to put the money to good use. How far can it go? Given that this amazing amount comes from just 322 people, I'd say quite a bit further!

Kev

I sent the GoFund me link to my club back in the states and am trying to get it published in our Dec newsletter.  Our next meeting is the Christmas dinner so hoping everyone will be in a generous mood.  

I am proud to be part of this community that bands together to help those of us in need.  Well done folks!

Chris

13 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

By my math, that would be about $75k :)

I kicked in a few bucks.

I see this being promoted in several places on the web.  Believe it or not this is even getting coverage on a website called F1M.com which is a formula 1 modeling site.  Paul is of course big into cars as well.   So this is extending beyond the LSP community already.  Plus if you click the link your donation gets circulated to facebook which should extend the pool of people that sees it a bit more.  I think there is a chance this gets to a 1,000 donors in time.

10 minutes ago, seiran01 said:

Anyone know how to reach Eric Clapton? I had read that he owned a lot of Paul's car models

...$$$

Has anyone spread this to the guitar community?

I wonder if he has any of Paul guitars?

I wonder if its possible to reach to to him via Facebook?  Not sure he'd respond, but it might be worth a shot. Im not on FB anymore, but for those who are..........

You guys are awesome....So far quite a few of the model car guys have volunteered kits for re-casting also, but it will be a while before i can do any of that.The model has to be cut up strategically and enlarged a wee bit so it returns to scale via shrinkage but it can be done.

A few of my guitar clients have also offered me the loan of their instruments  so I can ,make new drawings, and the very first one I ever built is right here at my son's house, I gave it to him a while back as a birthday gift.

Once again, I just have a to express my thanks for this amazing bunch of people, the weight you have lifted from our shoulders is a huge relief, and will speed us on our way back to normalcy.

Susy is just speechless.One of her favorite jokes when someone asks her what her job is was to say " I make men all over the world happy" with just the right tone  of voice.....She's pretty happy to know just how true that is.

Thanks again

Paul

Glad they’re offering up all those for you Paul. Ernie Ling and I talked the other day, we will be happy to donate any of our kits to you if you need to remaster aircraft. Between the two of us the only thing missing may be the RB-51. You know how to reach us when/if you need those kits!

2 hours ago, seiran01 said:

Glad they’re offering up all those for you Paul. Ernie Ling and I talked the other day, we will be happy to donate any of our kits to you if you need to remaster aircraft. Between the two of us the only thing missing may be the RB-51. You know how to reach us when/if you need those kits!

I can fill in the RB-51 if needed. 

I was holding on to some hope that Paul would have something to go back to, but alas, CalFire has made it down that way.  I gave some tears as I saw the news and pics.  I have known him through the hobby for over 20 years.  At one time or another, I have had almost all of his racing cars and a handful of his planes.  Here is a suggestion.  For the next group build or something similar can we have one in Paul's honor?

We'll have to think carefully about the Group Build idea for two reasons: firstly, it's much narrower in scope than our usual topics, and may not attract a viable level of interest. Secondly, we have already made a decision to go forward with only a single year-long Group Build for next year, to focus on celebrating our 20th anniversary. If this latter idea meets with significant cries for an ancillary GB, then we'll certainly consider it, but it's not planned at this stage.

Kev