Revell Bf 109 G-10 Erla

Pastor John

Hi everyone, well as many of you know I started a model in the summer with every intention of just enjoying modelling for myself but what always happens happened - I started thinking of products! It is the nature of the beast I guess but I really do want to crack on with the Revell bf 109 G-10 Erla and I have three new products at hand to help me along with the fantastic Barracuda items.I really need to set aside days that are for me, not AIMS otherwise I will never get anything built other than un-painted display models. I enjoyed painting the Aires cockpit - the fit caused problems and I still have large gaps in the canopy sill to work on but I was able to get the fuselage closed up fairly quickly. I wish I had not as when I decided I wanted a 'hatches and latches' set I now have lots of holes in the fuselage with no pre-installed interior detail so I will have to do the best I can. The upper cowl, whilst not perfectly addressing the width of the engine cowl does however trick the eye into thinking the cowl is much wider than it was, it isn't but the flatness of the resin part really helps together with the gun openings being further apart. Sadly after production was well underway I was informed that on Erla machines the gun opening is not straight cut at the back like on the U4 so I have rounded off mine a little and also made the cut outs for the weapons. Next up is post filling some of the interior areas and then onto laying in the PE hatch rims, all good fun!

IMGP5560.jpg20181104-121309.jpg20181104-121019.jpg

Edited by Pastor John

Pastor John,
Great work. Check your references though, if you use the upper filler hole for the forward oil tank on the nose, I think the lower should be absent.
Your MG131s look a little undernourised as well.
Keep at it, the result will be memorable.

Hi Kais, thanks - I not have any specific info on the Erla machines - I not know if the filler hatch was filled over or not so had to leave it at Revell have done it - as a simple plate rather than a hatch, same for another fuel hatch below the upper one on the right side of the spine????? MG are from Quickboost

Edited by Pastor John

Hi Klais - you were right about the Quickboost MG 131s, next to the Master product they are a little underfed poor souls! Difficult for me to change them now as I made the complete cut out in the bottom of the gun troughs the length of the weapons barrel so I can neither snap out the resin weapons cleanly or balance new heavy material replacements. Please do not look at this area again lol