JefH

1/32 Revell FW-190 F-8

Hi. 

This is my first post on this forum.  Been lurking for a while without posting, mostly because the build quality around here is very high and felt my work wasn't of the same quality.  But I thought what the hell and decided to take a stab at a build log.

I'm working on the new-ish Revell kit with some Eaglecal decals, HGW harness and Eduard wheels.  Other wise I plan on keeping things out of box.  

40431156324_9104f63258_c.jpg

Honestly 3 of the 4 markings in the Eaglecal sheet were pretty enticing, but I think I'm going to run with these.  

41099468332_4a8958c39e_z.jpg

I haven't built a radial engine before so I can't compare it to anything.  But from a beginners perspective it breaks down pretty easily in sub-assemblies to facilitate easy painting.

40431158954_17aeb54a41_c.jpg

So after a couple nights work I'm calling the engine finished.  I'm likely going to keep the cowling shut so I didn't plan on going crazy detail painting.  I doubt you could see the engine past the cooling fan.  But I decided it was a good opportunity to get a little painting practice in.

41099474772_5b5b55f88a_c.jpg

41099473112_b1a677af3b_c.jpg

Thanks for looking.  I'm a notoriously slow builder, but I'll try to keep things updated.

Cheers

Jeff

Thanks for the kind words.  I'm hoping to find a little bench time tomorrow and get a few more photo updates in.

Cheers

Jeff

I'm a notoriously slow builder, but I'll try to keep things updated.

:hi:

You're no slower than me . I'm the king of slow !!

kCYHe4V.png