Trumpeter Liberators on facebook

Guest Maxim

Guest Clunkmeister

Or you could say the B-24's now got one turning, two burning, and the last one half shot up and kinda churning.

And everyone running for the hatch.

No matter, I'll build it with a stupid grin on.

The B-24 took the war to places the B-17 couldn't dream of going. For everything the 17 did, the 24 did it higher, heavier, faster, and farther.

The whole "B-17 was better" schtick was a big bollocky bag of bunkum.

Edited by Clunkmeister

The museum I work for as a volunteer has the remains of two B-24J's that came down near Amsterdam. One in olive drab with the big white circle and black letter in it (forgot which one) and an nmf called "The Gremlins Roost". We have a pic of that one's nose art. The HB kit would make a nice addition to the display.

Cees

Hmmmmm, A 41.25 inch, four engine monster hanging from inside my garage ceiling.  I would load it all up with all the aftermarket resin and photo etched machine gun barrels one could imagine.  I'd over engineer an invisible fishing line contraption out of a thousand pound fishing line to insure it would never, ever come down by accident. 

My lovely wife would smirk and say wow, honey that looks neat.  Is that a Messerschmitt or one of those late war, Funky wooky something or others?    She would soon forget about the masterpiece above her car and accidentally knock down my lovely Liberator with all the furry of a dozen flak 88 raining skyward at it with a tall ladder or perhaps a delayed Christmas box we use two weeks a year.  I'd come out to see my lovely Liberator laying in the harden impact, broken state on my well kept garage floor in a hundred pieces.   Death before me.  I would be a totally dejected and sad.  A Boeing B-17 however, would take all that punishment a Liberator simply can't.  The mighty fortress would take it on the chin and still be hanging from my garage ceiling on that over engineered fishing line contraption above my wife's car I made for it.  My Fortress would be laughing out loud at my wife's over jealous attempt in trying to bring her down!   ha ha ha!   

(I'm pretty sure the lovely Lancaster could take a beating too)!    

Hmm. Coastal Command Liberator mounted on the wall I was reserving for the HK Lancaster, paint wall to look something like a raging North Atlantic Ocean, maybe add a U-Boat conning tower in there somewhere.

Love me a coastal command Lib!  I love the look of the chin turret, but it appears all the CC Libs I see do not retain the standard J model nose turret...............and making that custom clear turret could be a real PITA, if not bordering on impossible for the average (AKA me) guy to do at home. 

I just gave the wife the go ahead to start shopping for a lake house. It has to be large enough for me to display these new 4 engine bombers. :innocent: She's ignoring me now. :mental: She not gonna be happy when it goes up in our existing family room. :wicked:

Haha! She can't say you didn't warn her.......

I'm thinking hanging from the wall, or hanging from the ceiling now are my ONLY two options with a kit as large as a Lib in 32nd.

I'm still getting one either way though

Love me a coastal command Lib!  I love the look of the chin turret, but it appears all the CC Libs I see do not retain the standard J model nose turret...............and making that custom clear turret could be a real PITA, if not bordering on impossible for the average (AKA me) guy to do at home.

And therin is the problem with an aircraft that was altered as much as the Liberator was during its service, so many variations it's mind boggling. I'll more likely watch on from afar everybodies build threads and live vicariously through those. Realistically for the 4engine heavies I just don't have the space. I did look at the recently released Eduard Liberator though and was tempted but my next few months modelling budget is dedicated to getting a Silhouette Portrait.

I have been lurking on this thread, and I am chuckling at all the comments, good , all of them, and most thought provoking, BUT I remember many years ago when Monogram came out with the '1/48' scale B-17 AND Liberator, they were the Biggest things ever, and when Tamiya came out with the 1/48 Lancaster, I had to have 3 of those, big bad boys, NOW back then, who ever thought we would have a 1/32 scale Mosquito, B 25 , B 17, Liberator and Lancaster?? Surly NOT me............... this is a great time to be a scale model guy....incredible things happening in this turbulent world eh boys??  I for one, like that part, the rest, ...... the turbulent part, well not so much... LOL

Guest Clunkmeister

I have the room I need in my office at my shop if I built a cabinet behind my desk.. It'll be a conversation starter with customers.

I have been lurking on this thread, and I am chuckling at all the comments, good , all of them, and most thought provoking, BUT I remember many years ago when Monogram came out with the '1/48' scale B-17 AND Liberator, they were the Biggest things ever, and when Tamiya came out with the 1/48 Lancaster, I had to have 3 of those, big bad boys, NOW back then, who ever thought we would have a 1/32 scale Mosquito, B 25 , B 17, Liberator and Lancaster?? Surly NOT me............... this is a great time to be a scale model guy....incredible things happening in this turbulent world eh boys??  I for one, like that part, the rest, ...... the turbulent part, well not so much... LOL

And I bet they're still sitting in your stash. :whistle:

Guest Clunkmeister

@ Clunkmeister: it took me 20 mins. of my life to figure out what "dinkweeds" are :coolio:

Lothar

:rofl:

Ooooh, Unforgivable. Comes from my years living in the Boston area. :)

Like slang local dialect German. I'd be lost like a blind man in a room full of volleyballs.

Edited by Clunkmeister