Trumpeter Liberators on facebook

Guest Maxim

Guest Clunkmeister

I've had several B-17s pass through my hands and have never been able to get really excited about them.

Not the Liberator, now she's my baby. Not like a T-28, but the next thing to it....

Guest Maxim

I think regardless of what HB lists the new Libs for, I think you will soon enough after they come out be able to pick one up for the mid $200s or less eventually I'm hoping.

Even cheaper if you buy from mainland Asia and that would be with shipping. I've bought some real bargains from shops on Ebay located in mainland China.

Unless one lives in "That'll be 21% VAT, 5% Import duty and €15 handling fee"-Europe... :crying:

Indeed, you guys do seem to almost randomly get your posteriors handed to you in VAT. I don't see it getting regularly and evenly applied in all the same type situations though which is a bit confusing to me.

I'd understand it if the purchased goods were in direct competition with European products but for these kind of goods it just feels like plain (or plane :P) robbery. Especially the "handling fee". Oh we took ten seconds to look inside your package, that'll be 15 euros please. Then again where do you draw the line as to what's competition and what isn't... Still, it sucks! :P

Perhaps we should have a competition on what they'll get wrong, I'll wager that the fins will be too big,because if you draw up from a side view of a photograph the fins are nearer to the camera lens so appearing bigger. Or think of the most expensive and difficult resin casting to correct it, say a whole new fuselage front end that has to be grafted to an incorrect cross section rear half ( somehow )

Perhaps we should have a competition on what they'll get wrong, I'll wager that the fins will be too big,because if you draw up from a side view of a photograph the fins are nearer to the camera lens so appearing bigger. Or think of the most expensive and difficult resin casting to correct it, say a whole new fuselage front end that has to be grafted to an incorrect cross section rear half ( somehow )

lol Graham. Id like to give Trumpy/HB the benefit of the doubt, and hate to be that negative, but with the complexity and myriad of parts, additions, subtractions, variants and sub variants, Id guess they will most definitely get something wrong.    I'm just hoping its minor enough that it doesn't throw the general look of the aircraft off. 

Meh, I think you are all going soft.

This thread is two days old and no torches and pitchforks yet?

In the old days the box art and the words Hobbyboss/Trumpeter would have been enough to render it "unbuildable" on day one!

Pfft!

:rofl:

See, now we dont get this kind of crap round here anymore!   :lol:    :lol: 

Guest Clunkmeister

Trashing a model before it even comes out?

Seriously guys, I have other sites I could go to if I really wanted to real that kind of stuff.   I really, really, REALLY want a B-24 in 1/32 scale. This is the closest we've ever been to the realization of it actually happening.

Why not just be thankful that we might just be getting a semi reasonable facsimile of a B-24 in our scale, and save the trash talk until the kit's in hand and the "Caliper Crew" and the "Red Line Gang" take it apart rivet by rivet, panel line by panel line?  :redx:

I'm over here doing a happy dance, and allyerbitchins messing with my happy factor  :fight:

Edited by Clunkmeister