Trumpeter Liberators on facebook

Guest Maxim

Trashing a model before it even comes out?

Seriously guys, I have other sites I could go to if I really wanted to real that kind of stuff.   I really, really, REALLY want a B-24 in 1/32 scale. This is the closest we've ever been to the realization of it actually happening.

Why not just be thankful that we might just be getting a semi reasonable facsimile of a B-24 in our scale, and save the trash talk until the kit's in hand and the "Caliper Crew" and the "Red Line Gang" take it apart rivet by rivet, panel line by panel line?  :redx:

I'm over here doing a happy dance, and allyerbitchins messing with my happy factor  :fight:

I agree Ernst. I think the pokes here were really all more in jest at this point. 

To be fair, it's almost impossible to get a B-24 completely right in one boxing, especially for the turreted nose versions, simply because of all of the variations (hence the term Consolidated Mess). Like the others just hope it's basically accurate.

Chances are that the decals will be chosen for artistic impression rather than being matched exactly to the specific configuration modeled too. But that's probably going to be true for aftermarket decals also.

To be fair, it's almost impossible to get a B-24 completely right in one boxing, especially for the turreted nose versions, simply because of all of the variations (hence the term Consolidated Mess).

That was kind of my point. With the subject having SO SO many variants, sub variants and modifications to each of those, it's going to border on virtually impossible to get things 100% correct, so I hope the kits gets a bit of a break.

I'm just hopeful the basic shapes consistent with all variants are accurate (fuselage shape, basic length, engine nacelles), the stance, and windscreen height are appropriate. The rest we can fiddle with. Similar to the HK B-17... if you get close HobbyBoss, we'll build the heck out of it. If it's grossly out of sorts, we are likely to pass, aside from the hardcore purists (of which there are many!). I'm optimistic, as HobbyBoss has put out some really stunning kits in their time.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

Hey, what do we know about those ASW Liberators like the one on the ancient Resell kit box art? The bottom and sides are white but is the upper olive drab, dark grey or dark blue?

I think it's dark sea grey but if I made one I'd give it a bluish shift.

That Revell box art from the 1960s was highly dramatic.

Tony

My money is on the black and white one

Nicodemus (black and white tuxedo) is a mamas boy and Ripley Ellen (grey and white tuxedo) is a daddy's girl, (they are twins from the same litter and act VERY alike) and runs the place. Nicodemus is a lil Panda-piggy, but Ripley tends to run about the house like a mad woman. It might be either one...........

I seem to feel that B-17 sales are fairly high...............or at least high enough to warrant HKM proceeding with a 2nd kit............even with the known niggles and imperfections with that kit. So Im hoping that the same will apply to the Lib, in that it will be the only one in 32nd and people will buy it regardless, and fix what is needed if anything.  

As mentioned before, I hope people will cut the kit some slack with all the possible variations of each of the versions it seems HB is putting out. 

Guest Clunkmeister

I agree Ernst. I think the pokes here were really all more in jest at this point. 

Yup.. I was really hoping nobody took me literally there.  The over the top "Too Large Fins" comment made me grin, as did the adapting a resin front section to an inaccurate rear end bit.

I've said it before, that all I really hope for is a somewhat accurate center section with wing. I can deal with the rest myself if need be.

Guest Clunkmeister

I seem to feel that B-17 sales are fairly high...............or at least high enough to warrant HKM proceeding with a 2nd kit............even with the known niggles and imperfections with that kit. So Im hoping that the same will apply to the Lib, in that it will be the only one in 32nd and people will buy it regardless, and fix what is needed if anything.  

As mentioned before, I hope people will cut the kit some slack with all the possible variations of each of the versions it seems HB is putting out. 

You know that's probably NOT going to happen. Plenty of people make a fairly decent second income online by trashing kits and repeatedly proving to humanity that they are world class dinkweeds.

Guest Maxim

I think what HB have done is selected one aircraft and modeled that variant. That's all you can do with the B-24. As long as they get the windscreen and vertical stabs correct then I think it'll be a winner. Their last large scale kit the P-61 is a pretty good kit except they go a little confused around the nose with the length of the A vs B version. Other than that it's a pretty accurate kit. The HK B-17, I still can't get past the error in front of the windscreen but plenty of other people can and the kit obviously has sold well for them to do a second version.I say it'll be the only B-24 we'll ever see in our preferred scale.