Trumpeter Liberators on facebook

Guest Maxim

Just picked up the Japo book on Liberators in Coastal Command ;)

Tried to order direct from Japo but apparently they don't take PayPal or credit cards because it's not allowed by the Czech Finance Authority.

Hmmm - utter bs - so I got cheaper locally anyway

Nah, more Consolidated (Vultee) Aircraft first, like the Convair Deuce, Six and "didn't fit LeMay's ar**" Hustler.

Interesting to learn that the PB4Y-1's upper colour was a dark blue-grey. I'm guessing the undersides are very pale grey in the same optical illusory fashion as 1970s-1980s Marineflieger jets' undersides were pale grey and not off-white (?¿)

All I need are Humbrol numbers.

Tony

I've personally seen a 1/32nd BUFF up close.......its not even remotely hang on the ceiling or wall big......its legitimately more like requires it's own separate ROOM to display big. We have one down at the SAC museum on display. I don't have a table in my house, including my main dinning room table big enough to put it on.

Or you could say the B-24's now got one turning, two burning, and the last one half shot up and kinda churning.

And everyone running for the hatch.

No matter, I'll build it with a stupid grin on.

The B-24 took the war to places the B-17 couldn't dream of going. For everything the 17 did, the 24 did it higher, heavier, faster, and farther.

The whole "B-17 was better" schtick was a big bollocky bag of bunkum.

I agree. But from all that I have read over the years the B-17 was an easier airplane to fly. It was not as tiring as the B-24 which required constant wrestling with the controls. Which is perhaps why the Army Air Corps kept the -17 on as a bomber, rescue plane, etc. etc. when the B-24's were scrapped. 

Nonetheless I prefer the B-24 over the B-17. 

:punk:

So lets see, B-17, B-24, Lancaster, can you say B-29? I'm in if they ever release one.

Nope! The next 1/32 bomber that MUST be released is the Martin B-26 Marauder! ;)

But I'm in for both versions of the 24 if and when it comes out! YES!

-Ro

B-24, DC-3/C-47, Ju-52, Wellington, Halibag, A Sunderland.....?! and the obligatory PBY- in the -5a variant please. That ought to keep some modelers busy for a while. I'd also like RoG to do the Do-17. I'd imagine the A/M guys will be able to a shedful of nose art decals, as the -24 is so much better suited to it with that big slab side.

So lets see, B-17, B-24, Lancaster, can you say B-29? I'm in if they ever release one.

Already available in the form of Tigger Wilkes' vacs. I've built the B-29, Lancaster, Halifax and B-24 and all are MASSIVE. I've got a Sunderland and Stirling in the stash, too.

It won't stop me buying a new-release B-24D though as I'm salivating at the prospect of an assembly ship!