Tamiya 1/32 F4U-1A

Wolf Buddee

4 hours ago, Brett M said:

Sorry to hear about the lay-off, especially after that many years.....

Engine and cowling looks good, handy you can use those PE parts too!

Thanks Brett.

It was lucky indeed that those photo etched parts fit the bill perfectly for what I wanted to do. I bought the Part fret years ago and used a couple of bits on a number of builds already. Some pieces were used to secure the upper ignition conduit on my Spitfire build!

The lay off was welcomed in a way. I sell cars for a living and it’s not very conducive to staying away from people. Business was slowing down dramatically and at my age and being a type II diabetic I’m far more susceptible to contracting this stupid virus. Staying home was the better bet. At least for now!

Cheers,

Wolf

4 hours ago, chuck540z3 said:

As usual Wolf, your work is pure precision!

Sorry to hear about your layoff, but that seems to be all too common these days and hopefully you will be back in the saddle in a few months.

Cheers,

Chuck

Thank-you Chuck,

Lay offs being all too common these days is an understatement. Applying for Employment Insurance is an absolute gong show. So many people are trying right now that the government website is buried and I haven’t been able to submit an application yet! I do indeed hope to be back in the saddle soon!

Cheers,

Wolf

4 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Very exacting work as always, Wolf! I'm also sorry to hear about your layoff, but as you say, hopefully it's just a temporary thing.

Oh, and you should lay off Photobucket, too! Any number of better choices around these days.

Kev

Thanks Kev,

It’s nice being back at the bench again and having the time to do so. And yes, hopefully the lay off is a temporary thing, I’m not financially ready to retire yet.

Regarding Photobucket, you’re definitely not the first person to suggest that...........

Cheers,

Wolf

35 minutes ago, Gazzas said:

Wow, that is amazing detail on the engine.  Sorry to hear about your lay-off, mate.

29 minutes ago, dodgem37 said:

Saddened to hear of your layoff.  Not an enjoyable moment.  Nor, I'm sure, expected considering 30 years of service.

On the modelling front, I'm tripped out over that engine.  Good show.

Sincerely,

Mark

Gazzas, Mark,

Thanks for your comments regarding my engine. They’re always appreciated!

Regarding my lay off, not really unexpected and considering my line of work, a bit of a blessing considering my age and health. Nonetheless I sincerely hope it’s short term!

Cheers,

Wolf

5 minutes ago, MikeMaben said:

Nice work Wolf   :clap2:,   things'll be back to normal soon. Got my fingers crossed for ya.

Thanks Mike,

Given the current circumstances I’m not so sure how “soon” things ‘Il be back to normal. Washington State is having a real rough time of it with Covid-19 right now. You best stay south and I’ll stay north. I have to anyways as our border is now closed.

Stay safe Mike!

Cheers,

Wolf

Since Kev mentioned it......I personally like Flickr for photo hosting. I use two profiles there, one for models, one for outdoor photography. You are limited to 1000 images on the free plan, but, no water marks! Paid plan is unlimited I believe. Which means unlimited powe.....er, Corsair pics?

Wolf,

Wow, devastating to hear about getting laid off.  SO sorry to hear the bad news but do hope it is VERY temporary and when you get rehired it comes with a nice bonus.  Ugh.

Your work, as usual, is innovative and impeccable - wow. I'm not that familiar with Corsairs, but I have NEVER seen those panel connectors you added in PE.  I just sit here in awe at your attention to detail and the ability to bring that out in your models.  Rare talent you have!

Cheers,

Chris