Breaking News - Tamiya has not announced 1/32 F4U-4

seiran01

I guess this one will go with the 1/48 B-17 that was expected from them back in the day.

Interesting picture of the F-35 though, wonder if that is fact or fiction?

Happy days, regardless!

The F-35 is fact, sort of. Yes, Tamiya is releasing a 1/32 F-35, but it's a rebox of the Italeri kit with Japanese markings. Tamiya has reboxed a number of Italeri aircraft and armor kits, usually with different markings and/or an extra sprue thrown in for some detail or different version parts.

Perhaps the title of this thread should be Fake News - Tamiya has announced 1/32 F4U-4

Edited by Dave Williams

Dont be surprised.

They tooled a entire new fuselage for a Spitfire variant nobody ever suspected.

The historical info booklet has Dash 4 info but none on the -5, -7 or AU-1.

Why include Dash 4 info just not leave it out like the rest?

I would not be surprised in the slightest, in fact im far more surprised to see a 48th 109 not a 32nd one.

Certainly wouldnt put away the hopes for a Dash 4 as they are are prepared to tool a Spit fuse for a Mk16 anything is probable.

Dont be surprised.

They tooled a entire new fuselage for a Spitfire variant nobody ever suspected.

The historical info booklet has Dash 4 info but none on the -5, -7 or AU-1.

Why include Dash 4 info just not leave it out like the rest?

I would not be surprised in the slightest, in fact im far more surprised to see a 48th 109 not a 32nd one.

Certainly wouldnt put away the hopes for a Dash 4 as they are are prepared to tool a Spit fuse for a Mk16 anything is probable.

Don't say no one expected the late Spit as all the 1/32 recent releases were measured and researched at the same facility. That facilities owner owned all the variants released (except the Mosquito, which was on loan).

The owner previously owned an F4U-4, although he sold it well before the new 1/32 kits started coming out. But what caught my eye is that F4U-4 is featured in Tamiya's Corsair booklet. So it looks like the owner (Michael Potter) at least arranged a visit by Tamiya to the new owners Corsair (painted in a new scheme since the previous ownership).

I'm out of the loop now though, they are tighter lipped now. I knew the Corsairs 6-8 months early, the Spits almost a year. I guess I wasn't quiet enough even though I thought I was.