Airfix 1:24 Harrier T.2 - All Done And Dusted!

Spencer Pollard

Good evening!

With the dust now settling following Scale Modelworld, here's a little showcase of my 1:24 Harrier T.2 conversion that I've been working on over the last six months. Easily the most difficult, demanding and technically involved project I've ever undertaken, this Harrier is the culmination of thirty years of wanting this model in my collection and developing the skills to finally bring the project to fruition. Consuming around 600 hours, the conversion is based on the ancient Airfix 1:24 Harrier GR.1/3, all changes and details being 99% scratchbuilt, created in collaboration with David Haggas, Nick Greenall and Dave Fleming who all provided technical information on every aspect of the conversion, Mal Mayfield who created the masks that allowed almost all of the markings to be airbrushed on, Tim Perry who created the patterns and vac-formed parts for the amazing ferry tanks that are fitted under the wings and finally, Haris Ali who vac-formed the canopies and laser-cut the wonderful base that the model sits on. Thank you all so much!

I hope that you like it!

Spence :0

qCPoE5Ch.jpg

FtTjaOJl.jpg

6jStAEcl.jpg

uQbkuMgl.jpg

zRlvKuml.jpg

JB8MMDrl.jpg

hds6OOSl.jpg

78zmY0Xl.jpg

GJiG3iol.jpg

NSJwwOOh.jpg