Having completed the rudder, I've turned my attention to the empennage.  Plans were enlarged to scale then used as a template for cutting out the elevators.  The tailplanes are very thick in cross-section so will need quite a bit of work to get them looking right.

DSCN9998_zpsdxob5auo.jpg

DSCN9999_zps4x1jkwxz.jpg

And this is it for a while, off on holiday for a couple of weeks so it's no use nagging me Maru!!  :fight:

Max
Edited by mozart

I've just got back from Cosford, the Anson in the museum had the engine cowling off so I got quite a lot of photos for you, I'll post them up tonight if I get time :)

Edited by Radders

Here you go, I hope they are of some use, the full set are up on my site here - Avro Anson Walkaround. Should you need a higher res image (or anyone for that matter), just drop me a PM with your email and I will get them sent over asap.. I am away until Tuesday now though so it won't be until then.

But some tasters for you....

27124583954_e9f54b2e0a_b.jpg 

27737023605_107ecbfa2b_b.jpg 

27737036225_aaacffe366_b.jpg 

27124598124_10cf2c6329_b.jpg 

27703112346_f1a5ca6de8_b.jpg

Guest Clunkmeister

If there was ever an aircraft that looks like that if the engines were to suddenly stop, it would screech to a standstill and cartoonishly plummet straight down, the Anson's it.

It has the aerodynamics of a moss covered refuse bin.