I'll do a clean up Carl but I don't intend spending too long on the joints because most of them won't be visible from neither the inside nor outside, this is a "skeleton" view:

13116529_10154325279359245_7636751373449

13123001_10154325279354245_6427776589030

and a "clothed" one!:

DSCN2609_zpsb1cvueeb.jpg

Max

Edited by mozart

Guest Peterpools

Max

Nice start on the framing. Looking mighty good

Keep 'em coming

Peter

A chance to start sanding back the excess plastic on the fuselage, it's important to keep the pressure even when sanding to get a good join which needs as little filler as possible:

DSCN9972_zpsf1kvhpnw.jpg

I've been thinking a lot about when and how to cut out all the glasswork along the cabin sides: would leaving it till later help the structural strength of the fuselage, do I cut out the whole strip from the door to the cockpit then add uprights, or cut out individual window spaces?  I've decided on the former because I think I can add a backing strip first of all then a thinner one flush with the fuselage face so that I can drop the glazing into it, if that makes sense?

Max

Seeing how much window framing there is and how thin a lot of them are, I think I would cut them out as a single strip and then lightly scribe and paint on the frames from the outside while using strip styrene on the inside for a more 3 dimensional effect. This way, it's a single piece rather than many individual ones. 

Carl

Bravo Mozart

I have this kit and I totally admire your approach to the tubing structure. I may shift my method. The cowl fairings (early cowl) seem to me to be all different sizes. I picked out one that looked right and made resin copies. I will send you a set if you like.

Rick

Cheers Andy. The good news is there are few rivets but replicating the wooden lattice structure of the wing underneath the fabric covering will be interesting. I have a method in mind which I'm going to trial on the rudder but there are alternatives.....watch this space!

Max