1/18 Spitfire Mk. XIVe - Race #80

airscale

I have an old website for my art that I gave up updating long ago. I use it now to host my pics and have no regrets.

thanks Dan :)

I just realised I pay website hosting to FVS for my website www.airscale.co.uk so am going to see if its possible to save & serve the images the same as those on my site (well I say I. but actually my father does all that stuff for me and he is in his seventies! set him the challenge this morning - he is brilliant with that stuff so fingers crossed :))

Peter

Nice!!! There IS in fact a way to choose any size pic you want to display on SmugMug including the original.

Once you arrive on the pic you want to share, click the little square with an arrow coming out of it (share button) and it will take you to a share box, where off to the right there is a "choose a size" for pictures including 1064x768.  In that same share box, you can also choose to copy the links for "photo only", HTML or BBCODE.

HTH! 

thanks Dan :)

I just realised I pay website hosting to FVS for my website www.airscale.co.uk so am going to see if its possible to save & serve the images the same as those on my site (well I say I. but actually my father does all that stuff for me and he is in his seventies! set him the challenge this morning - he is brilliant with that stuff so fingers crossed :))

Peter

Best way to host your images, Peter. All you need is an ftp program like filezilla and you can upload your pics to your site and link them to LSP. I've been doing it like that since I joined LSP.

By the way, great pic of the Spit! It looks glorious.

Cheers

Rainer

Peter

It's time for me to say something. I don't log in much, but I always look at your thread. I've been on this planet for almost 70 years and remember building my first plastic model when I was three years old. In my college Years I drifted away from modeling. I've been back for about twelve years now. The members on this site are among the most talented I've ever seen. I've seen a lot of exceptional models, both here and other places.

In your work, there is so much more than just a model. There is perseverance and innovation..material usage..methodology..and most importantly,a skill level beyond anything I've witnessed..a willingness to step outside the everyday and bring it all together in such a way so as to astound. To say it is brilliant or genius is somehow lacking, but words can go just so far.

I'm not easily impressed, but your work simply does that too me..in spades.

Geoff

Edited by Ironwing

If there's anyone in the vicinity of Airscale around midnight - should be quiet by then - could somebody please "pop" in and nick Peter's talent, I need it and am willing to pay handsomely!

Shall we say 294,227.20 Vietnamese Dong.

Can't think of too many other builds on a par with this one, top notch!

evening chaps and thank you :)

very kind words indeed, Geoff. I am not sure I deserve your kindness - for me it is the other way around, when I first saw your 1/24 P51 in 2010 on my first visit, you instantly became my hero :)

a slight change of pace now, I have finished the canopy though not futured it yet so it is safely put away - it was time to turn over and start finishing up the U/C..

first up is this wierdly shaped bellcrank and the arm it attaches to at the top of the leg (thanks for the pic Tony :))

WIP1440_zpsd8db2rjb.jpg

I started out by making the central spigot from tube as the basis, with a few watch cogs for the gears - the shapes themselves were taken from plans and cut from sheet brass (this turned out a bit of a mistake as will be seen in a minute..)..

WIP1441_zpsjjueklj1.jpg

..the sheet parts were sheathed in thick card so I could shape the 'I' section profile..

WIP1442_zpsp4bo7mix.jpg

..and some time later they were pretty much complete...

WIP1443_zps66akogtq.jpg

..the same was done for the arms at the tops of the legs - plus on these, the bearing where the contraptions meet each other was made from thick brass plate..

WIP1444_zpsr4yb7osy.jpg

..the mistake was forgetting the top wing skin on the model is not scale as it has big brass strengthening plates in it so those complicated bearings needed the bottom arms removing to fit in the wheel well..

I added other details like the uplocks and bits & bobs and these are pretty much ready for paint before I add the doors..

WIP1445_zps9kvgywzq.jpg

WIP1446_zpsrhsvxifc.jpg

WIP1447_zpsji3a3prl.jpg

..when they are in place and the skin is added in this area, the loss of the upper arms shouldn't really be seen so not noticable (apart from me telling you :))

paint next & back soon..

TTFN
Peter

Peter

It's time for me to say something. I don't log in much, but I always look at your thread. I've been on this planet for almost 70 years and remember building my first plastic model when I was three years old. In my college Years I drifted away from modeling. I've been back for about twelve years now. The members on this site are among the most talented I've ever seen. I've seen a lot of exceptional models, both here and other places.

In your work, there is so much more than just a model. There is perseverance and innovation..material usage..methodology..and most importantly,a skill level beyond anything I've witnessed..a willingness to step outside the everyday and bring it all together in such a way so as to astound. To say it is brilliant or genius is somehow lacking, but words can go just so far.

I'm not easily impressed, but your work simply does that too me..in spades.

Geoff

Geoff,

Thank you for putting my personal thoughts into words.

Derek

Nice!!! There IS in fact a way to choose any size pic you want to display on SmugMug including the original.

Once you arrive on the pic you want to share, click the little square with an arrow coming out of it (share button) and it will take you to a share box, where off to the right there is a "choose a size" for pictures including 1064x768.  In that same share box, you can also choose to copy the links for "photo only", HTML or BBCODE.

HTH! 

sounds a lot like Flickr, actually.

-d-

sounds a lot like Flickr, actually.

-d-

So far, its really nice. You nave a TON of control over privacy, access, watermarking and security, without most of the social voting junk, but I believe there is a comments and social media section, although I havnt played with that yet.

Im down to ImageShack and SmugMug, and so far, with the options chosen SmugMug is coming out on top.