Tamiya's next 1:32 release will be....(your bet goes here)

is it windy yet?

My bet is on a P47 (razorback?)

My hope is for a Hurricane

What I would love to see, the less 'unlikely' candidates shall we say, anyway, are:

A P40

A P51B/C

A Beaufighter

Ki61 Tony (perhaps the more likely of these)

A Mk1 Spitfire

German fighters are well covered by others and while I would buy a Tammy version I am less enthused by these.

I heard from out of left field a P-38 is in the works, but honestly i think the smart bet is still some kind of P-47. Hopefully a razorback. But as many have said, Tamiya does what Tamiya wants to do.

I for one would still LOVE to see sales figures for the Spitfires, P-51s, Corsairs, and Mosquitoes.....

-d-

Tamiya was seen measuring a 190.

ZM's 190 series seems to have been

pushed to the back burner.

I wonder if Mr. Zoukei and Mr. Tamiya

know each other ???

hmmmm-hmmm.jpg

NO !!

Oh please Tamiya. not another 190 or 109, while the 1/32 nitch has so many other major needs that will offer you little to no competition for our dollars.

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

Is that the Clive Sinclair job?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinclair_C5

I'm wondering what Hasegawa might do next, for 2018. Zero Type 32? New tool Ki-43 Hayabusa? Low back bubble top Ki-61 or radial Ki-100?

Tony

Interesting question. While Hasegawa was certainly on a roll for a while, releasing several new 1:32 Japanese subjects, it seems to have gotten pretty quiet now. Anybody know when the last 1:32 Hasegawa release was? I know there was yet another version of the Zero not too long ago, but besides that?

The next Tamiya 1/32 release will be (answer goes here) not soon enough!

It will be a historically important aircraft that they are confident will sell in large quantities. I think we all know what the realistic ones are as they are the iconic aircraft of WWII and latter. It will be military aviation and along the lines of P-47, P-40B, P-51A, Hurricane, Spitifire Mk I, FW 190, ME 109. Whatever it is I would be happy if they announced it tomorrow, in all likelihood we won't see anything before next May at the earliest.

Interesting question. While Hasegawa was certainly on a roll for a while, releasing several new 1:32 Japanese subjects, it seems to have gotten pretty quiet now. Anybody know when the last 1:32 Hasegawa release was? I know there was yet another version of the Zero not too long ago, but besides that?

Hasegawa 1/32 Jap prop new tools (not counting subsequent issues with new parts or decals), as best as I can remember...

2005 Ki-84 Hayate

2007 Ki-61-I Hien

2009 Ki-44-II Shoki

2011 J2M3 Raiden

2013 N1K2-J Shidenkai

2016 Zero A6M5c Type 52

Just looks like we're "due" a new Japanese subject or new tool around 2018.

Tony

David,

Not really true. the Trumpeter F4F-3 with work, looks pretty good. 

Joel

Fs5jzz.jpg

N0CBwx.jpg

Sorry, but i'm afraid we will have to agree to disagree on this one. I don't think the shapes on the Trumpeter kit are very good. The Revell kit is better in places but it has its own set of issues as well.

-d-