Tamiya's next 1:32 release will be....(your bet goes here)

is it windy yet?

Lets face facts, no one knows what's coming next from Tamiya. All we're doing is our personal wish lists again. If this was info coming out of Washington, it would have long be leaked, but Tamiya seems to be able to keep everything hushed up to a tee.  :hmmm:

Joel

Agreed.

However, if you go look at when this thread was started, we already know that it was finally "leaked", or actually announced and it was the F4U-1D. And again, somebody owes me some money (See page 1!)! :lol:

Seriously though, I remember when this thread first started and was hoping that it could be what the OP intended. Instead, it turned into 29 pages that mostly consist of pipe dreams, pretty much like every single new kit thread does (why not a....'insert something nobody has ever heard of'???). :mental:

Seriously though, I remember when this thread first started and was hoping that it could be what the OP intended. Instead, it turned into 29 pages that mostly consist of pipe dreams, pretty much like every single new kit thread does (why not a....'insert something nobody has ever heard of'???). :mental:

What Tamiya might do next is already looking at 2018, three years on from the OP. The Corsair is old news.

I don't write the rules here but AFAIK dreaming is permitted. Have fun!

Tony

Timeframe: 2017-2021

Props:

* Beaufighter

* Hellcat

* P-38 Lightning

Jets:

* F-22A Raptor (provided they get permission to get close to the jet)

* F-14 (complete new tool: A/B and D) - this will happen in 2019 / 2020 when TOP GUN 2, I mean TOP GUN: Maverick comes out.

* F-16 A/B and D, plus re-issue Thunderbirds jet.

* F-104G/J/S

* F-35A/B/C 

I'd buy a Tamiya P-38 ASAP.

Yep - I've a feeling the next release will be a WWII Pacific theatre bird, so a P-38, P-47, Hellcat or Wildcat would do very nicely. Maybe even a Helldiver, Devastator, Beaufighter, Val, Kate, Nick, Gekko or Rufe.

However, I also fear a 262, 109 or 190.

I'd buy anything Tamiya make of WWII vintage, except the usual mainstream German stuff. 

Yep - I've a feeling the next release will be a WWII Pacific theatre bird, so a P-38, P-47, Hellcat or Wildcat would do very nicely. Maybe even a Helldiver, Devastator, Beaufighter, Val, Kate, Nick, Gekko or Rufe.

However, I also fear a 262, 109 or 190.

I'd buy anything Tamiya make of WWII vintage, except the usual mainstream German stuff. 

Dean,

I'll 3nd that. There's already more then enough German WW11 aircraft out there, especially 109s & 190s. 

Joel

I'd buy a Tamiya P-38 ASAP.

Ditto.

It would be nearly as complex as their Mossie, though, so it would cost nearly as much. I'm guessing 165-185 USD. That's why I'd rather have Hasegawa do one. More people could afford one that way.

What about a Beaufighter?  They've already done a superb series in 1:48.  I'd love to see a Buccaneer too, but sadly fear it will never happen.  But given the potential US interest, as opposed to just British, perhaps I can hope for a really good Harrier I (GR1, GR3, AV-8A).  The GR3 in wrap-around camouflage just looks so naughty donkey.

As for my stock, I feel almost ashamed to put this paltry list up:

Spitfire VIII in stock;

Spitfire IX building.

Edited by MikeC

2 Mossies, 1 A6M2, 1 P-51D, 1 P-51D/K, 1 Mk.VIII, 2 Mk.IX's, 2 Mk.XVI's, 1 F4U-1, 2 F4U-1A's.

Some of the prices can be high, especially upon initial release.

But if you are patient, it's not too difficult to pick them up for substantially less. I've got mine from EBay & forum's. I picked up a Mustang, Spitfire & Corsair the other week for £170 as a job lot. There are also certain Asian vendors that ship to avoid VAT, but since Sterling is very weak, that route is really no longer financially viable, for us Brits anyway.

I agree. I swapped the Spitfire for a Trump F8, and the mossie was in exchange for some CAD training, so I still haven't actually bought either of them!!

Perhaps I can charge for tax returns in Tamiya's?

Simple personal return - a Mossie.

Simple Sole Trader - Mossie + Mustang.

Large Sole Trader - Mossie, Mustang, Spitfire & Corsair.

Limited Company - Mossie + Spitfire.

Simple Partnership - a Mossie.

Complex return - 2 Mossie's, a Spitfire, 2 Mustangs and a Corsair.

LLP's return - 6 of everything Tamiya makes in 1/32.