Tamiya's next 1:32 release will be....(your bet goes here)

is it windy yet?

Rog, if those are my only choices I'd still rather see Tamiya do a '190 A, no matter what ZM is doing. That would be a thrilling kit to build, probably as good as their magnificent 1:32 F4Us. There are plenty of good '109 choices out there already.

Edited by AdamR

Rog, if those are my only choices I'd still rather see Tamiya do a '190 A, no matter what ZM is doing. That would be a thrilling kit to build, probably as good as their magnificent 1:32 F4Us. There are plenty of good '109 choices out there already.

Again ...according to my scenario it's a personal choice.

Any Tamiya kit is a decent kit to build ... and although I enjoyed their P.51D ... I enjoyed the ZM build more. That's not to say everyone would ...

In reality ... there are "good" choices of just about every kit out there including '190's ... and you're untitled to your opinion of a fantasy subject just as I am

Rog :)

I guess the anti-Luftwaffe crowd around here...

Is it so outrageous to ask for a Luftwaffe aircraft too?!

I have both Revell He 111 and Ju 88 editions, four of their recent 109s, a 219, 190 and the latest 262. Not exactly anti-Luftwaffe. As far as I recall these are all year 2008-2017 releases and are therefore considered recent or new. I think the Luftwaffe is quite well served but understand the desire for a Tamiya boxing for sheer joy.

I'd possibly get a Tamiya Me 262 but would pass the Fw 190 by...

...and for the price of a Tamiya Bf 109 G I can buy bits and bobs to make four splendid models from the Revell boxings, or three plus a spare parts locker which is the more realistic outcome. The latter option is not so easy with a Tamiya: too pricey for hacking up or reducing to spares.

Mostly, I'd like to see Revell Germany continue with their Luftwaffe new tools - including new variants, like a Ju 88 C-6 or G-series - and to see Hasegawa and Tamiya do more Japanese subjects. But being greedy I would also like more British twins.

Tony

I could go for an A6M3 Model 22, 22a or 32; even if the tooling is more than four hours old :)...but as been said, that's just my wish list, nothing more.  It wouldn't take a huge investment on their part and I'm hoping the return would be worth their while....but having seen all the variations of the A6M they've done (the A6M5 series), I'm very doubtful that we'll ever see it.  

I'm hoping that that pigs fly and all that, and Tamiya bring out another jet. I'd be happy to see the f-16 Thunderbird reboxed and done as an aggressor. Tamiya have done the 1/48 scale aggressor, and surely would still have the molds for the Thunderbird kit. Like many, a new tomcat would get my attention too. Ready and waiting to pay!!!!!

I guess the anti-Luftwaffe crowd around here hasn't actually built the "myriad" Luftwaffe stuff currently available in 2017.

If they had, they would understand why we Luftwaffe fans want a state-of-the-art, Tamiya treatment of almost any Luftwaffe subject.

The Hasegawa 1/32 FW-190 A8, for example, is a decent enough kit but now 13 years old and primitive compared to the modern Tamiya 1/32 super kits.

The ZM FW-190s aren't on the market and no one knows when they will be, or if they will be any good.  

Tamiya has given us the royal treatment with IJN/IJA aircraft, RAF aircraft, and US aircraft.

Is it so outrageous to ask for a Luftwaffe aircraft too?!

Some comments :

1) I make it no secret that I am anti nazi-stuff, and do not share the fascination a lot of people seem to have, even though I recognise the engineering prowesses of the German industry ...

2) I'd love to be part of a "crowd", because that would mean some of my favourite subjects would be treated by kit manufacturers, given the numbers. But, whilst not alone, I do not think there are enough like me to warrant mainstream manufacturers' focused attention ...

3) If there is a "crowd" somewhere, it is on the side of the LW fans, otherwise we would not have so many duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates, quintoplicates, etc. of WWII Luftwaffe fighters ....

4) Tamiya have demonstrated many times that they do what they want and are interested in, without caring too much for competition or market saturation ...

5) ... Especially as their latest products are above competition quality-wise, which has served them very well in the end.

So, to answer you last question. No, it's not outrageous to ask Tamiya to release a 1/32 iconic Luftwaffe fighter. It's understandable and legitimate. If they do so, most people will be overwhelmed by joy, rightly so, and some - like me - will just yawn ... but will rejoice for their fellow LSPers, and most likely follow the "crowd" of LSP builds that would ensue ...

Finally, in this - mostly - fun and good-naturd thread, I think I was among the firsts, if not the first, to "bet" on a 109 G ... So I cannot be accused of belonging to any sectarious "crowd" (not that you have used this word, but I could not help but feel titillated by the word crowd) ;)

Hubert

My money would be on a Hellcat series, the engine is already tooled, no problems there. Additionally Tamyia caters to the home market first, so a combatant of Empirial Japan wouldbe a safe bet.

Well, if it turns out to be a Fw 190 instead of the long postulated P-47 or F6F, what else is powered by the BMW 801 and could recycle the engine sprues?

Ju 88 R or G-series, Do 217, Blohm & Voss 141 - can't see Tamiya doing any of those, though the bizarre asymmetric job is very much Zoukei Mura territory.

Though I prefer the Revell Luftwaffe kits - no hakenkreuz anywhere on or in the box and cheap as chips.

I wish Tamiya would tackle some of their best 1/48 kits in 1/32. You know the list already.

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to pick up the ca.Aug 2000 1/48 edition of the Tamiya bullnose Mosquito NF XIII/XVII (actually a XVII/XIX) while there are still some around.

That mark would be utterly spectacular as a reissue of the 1/32 FB.VI with some new parts and decals, but I somehow feel it's not going to happen.

Maybe, one day, HKM can give us an NF.30 with two stage Merlins.

Tony