Telford...

Mark P

P.S. any inside info on their next release? More bombers :) ?... :DodgeBall:  Coat and hat in hand - door closing behind!!

Well, I have been asked for my recommendations - and duly gave them! And I've heard a few whispers about what might be coming, but obviously it's not my place to let any cats out of their bags. If they come to fruition though, most of us will be pretty happy. I know they're reluctant, however, to tackle any more 4-engined monsters, but I'm pretty sure we'll see some more twins.

Kev

Well, I have been asked for my recommendations - and duly gave them! And I've heard a few whispers about what might be coming, but obviously it's not my place to let any cats out of their bags. If they come to fruition though, most of us will be pretty happy. I know they're reluctant, however, to tackle any more 4-engined monsters, but I'm pretty sure we'll see some more twins.

Kev

Here is hoping for the obscure (but oh so sexy-looking) LeO 45/451 family ... I suspect we'll see B-26s and Blenheims or Beaufighters sooner though .... ;-)

Hubert

Kev

Ok ... back now! :D ... If ANY of those suggestions included a Vickers Wellington or a Ju52 (ok it's a triple, not a twin!!) or a Do17z - AND they're being taken seriously ... I may just have to pop a couple of decent items into your Christmas stocking!! ... 

I do hope they revisit the 4 engined heavies at some point though ... even if it's a few years away - bombers and large kites in 1/32 has kind of become their thing ... a Condor might be popular even ... 

Rog :)

Edited by Artful69

Funny that nobody is begging for a Liberator or Halifax. They seem like obvious choices, especially the B 24 (probably the most significant bomber of WW2).

I still believe we are being spoiled rotten, though.

John

Oh ... plenty have been ... and still are!! ... And I hear you! ...

I guess they just aren't as Iconic as the B17 and B29 to most in USA or around the world ... or to us in the Commonwealth of Great Britain: as Iconic as the Wellington and Lancaster ... I'd love to see the Lib' in '32 ...

Barnes Wallis was most noted for his role in designing the ordinance that 617 delivered ... But to those that survived early war bombing raids on the continent - his design work on the Vickers Wellington was most gratifying ... The state that a lot of those things arrived home in was nothing short of amazing - in that they actually made it back!! The Wellington, I believe, has to have the best punishment survivability rate of the war.

Yeah, Rog. They're the historical "underdogs", I guess. Just like the Spitfire and Mustang get all the glory, while the Hurri and T-bolt "play second fiddle" (even though they were outstanding planes with their own advantages over their more popular sisters. Kind of like the prom queen's more homely sister. Maybe not much to look at but she has it where it counts because she tried harder. :lol: ).

Thanks to everyone who has posted info and pictures from this weekend. These are great days, indeed and we just need to stop to realize this once in a while.

John

Edited by mywifehatesmodels

Sorry, but if I am going to give HK Models my hard earned (and after 32 years of service in the Navy, it is hard earned) money, I want the model to be as accurate as possible, and I welcome those who know the subject to tell me what's good and what's not. That way I can make an informed decision whether or not to part with said hard earned money. :)

Happy Modelling, and remember to hug a Vet this week-end.

Brad

Edited by Brad-M

Kev

Any chance of you sharing with us the recommendations you made? I *know* that doesn't mean they will necessarily make them!

And I promise that no one will make a subsequent tantrum post of the  "You recommended WHAT!" variety ...  :innocent:

But given your feeling for the likes and wishes around here which I'm sure informed your thoughts to some extent (i.e. what would sell), I'd be interested to hear what you said, if you care to share ...

Happy Modelling, and remember to hug a Vet this week-end.

Brad

Heh Brad I was thinking "my mate Mark is coming over later and he is a Vet-erinarian ....why should I hug him!" Doh, sorry.....I will get my coat :unsure:

Lets hope HK have a Hudson on their to-do list.  Thanks guys for the regular updates for us mortals on the opposite side of the planet!

Cheers

Anthony

Hey Radu ...

Perhaps (on a separate thread) you could highlight those differences via the use of the drawings in question?

I, personally, have no idea really, what you are referring to ... an expert analysis is welcome now that you have seen the plastic with your own eyes!

Thanks

In the end I decided not to buy the kit.

Radu

Any chance of you sharing with us the recommendations you made?

Well, in general terms, I suggested that anything with a swastika on it is likely to generate a reasonable amount of interest, no matter how many are already on the market. More specifically though, my top 4 suggestions were Tigercat, Beaufighter, Westland Whirlwind, and Wellington.

Kev

I will be building at least two Lancs. I have two of the real ones right in my back yard. One in the Aero Museum at the Calgary airport and the Nanton example that does engine run ups during the summer.

Hi Ron,

I will be doing the same as you, will buy two and will be visiting Nanton a few times, still want to build one in 1:24 scale, but trying to find time to do anything at this moment  :doh:

I think I have posted these before, but here are some shots of the engine running.

IMG_6127_zps28bf430d.jpg[/url]

IMG_6146_zps9e7008cd.jpg[/url]

IMG_6154_zpsa49c3811.jpg[/url]

What are you doing next weekend, will try and get around to seeing you, been awhile eh.

Regards

Richard

On a different note, I was really impressed with the show itself. Spending two days there instead of the one, we thought we would see all the people we knew, alas no. I was impressed with the baggage storage, catering a little less, Modellers require real beer and good food to compliment the rest, although I understand the logistics would be difficult.

The competition area was much more accessible and much more relaxed, although  the lighting still suffers from the general public not seeing the true detail of the models.

It goes without saying that the IPMS staff were brilliant and faultless with their organisation and help.

I don't know too many people in this trade but, I know it may make you reach for your sick bags, it was it was an absolute pleasure and heart warming to boot.

Look forward to seeing you again next year, hopefully with a stand!

Sarah and Tim