Would you Participate in a "What-If" Group Build?

seiran01

Whif GB  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Would you participate in a What-If group build?

• Heck yes, I'm already planning my Rhodesian B-17 Zwilling!
    • Nah, but I'll cheer the rest of you on
    • Nope, I prefer the historical over the hypothetical

Or find a Mazda 626 car kit and throw on some german jet wings - Mazdaschmitt 626262. Das zoom zoom.

I just want you to know that this comment made me laugh out loud!

I've been thinking of starting the Bearcat for a long time... this could be ideal as it could just be anything.

Suggestions? Thinking of a lead-lease type scheme.. FAA or something?

...and here I was thinking, "Yeah, I like the idea of What Ifs, but I don't know if I have a 32nd one in mind at the moment."  Then you said Bearcat, which reminded me of my own FAA "Pacific War '46" idea...

bob

I'm on the fence. I've got two Group Builds underway already.

But IF i did, it might be the venerable Revell 109 converted to a crop duster in Monsanto markings...   GM+O?

Or a "what if" Germany had won the Great War... A Fokker Dr 104 perhaps?

I've been hoping a group build like this would come along.  I have 3 what-if projects I have been REALLY wanting to do, and this would be a great excuse to do one of them.  

X-15A-31_zpsd2aaca92.jpg

X-15A-3 Delta

af117x_01_zps771dca64.jpg

F-117X Navy Stealth

AFXs_USN_VFA111_p1_zps4d1ca0ce.jpg

Lockheed Boeing A/FX F-22N NATF

They are all firmly grounded in reality (formal design work was done), but were never built. I'll do them anyway (I have everything ready to go for the F-22 and X-15), but a GB would cinch what my next project will be.

A big vote for YES

Kai

I voted no, i'm not much into the "what if" thing, except maybe for Luft'1946 paper aircraft (more "what if the war lasted a bit longer" than plain "what if"), but there is not 1/32 kit for that at the moment.

In addition, i've got really too much project started on the bench, and i already try to finish some.

One of my perennial projects on this topic is Ninekiller's Nieuport (11 or 17 not defined) with markings of the Cherokee Nation in cooperative service with the Confederate States of America, pulled into the Great War through their alliance with Great Britain and the Empire. Not sure I have all the masking set up for that one, nor enough star decals to cover it.

I do want to do a Horten 229 in Swedish colors (Splinter camo rules). What else can the Horten do? Reno Racer, Air Force of the Duchy of Grand Fenwick? (assuming it has a take off and landing requirement fit for the dimensions of that country).

Those "What If?" decals from Yellow Wings for the smaller scales may never have come out, but I like their prewar yellow wings schemes with a blue fuselage on some of the later US fighters or maybe alternative Navy squadrons with similar yellow wings and bright section colors. The Navy did it for real on some T-45's, but it could look nice on those planes that were close, but not early enough for those markings.

There are way too many cool projects that fit the definition of a "What If?" build.

Tnarg

As we say in Sweden: a "Developed Country" problem for sure! :D

Myself i got only the Trumpy and Revell Bf 109-G10's in that scale. A limitation but i will figure something out if the GB get under way.

Edited by Hardcore