1:24 Grumman F7F Tigercat N7654C

airscale

evening folks :)

time for another little updatette..

..I finished the rudder assembly - the bits needed were the frames seen either side of the pedal and the actuator piston. The pics below show the frame is a folded sheet pressing with some fittings and an adjustment lever on the outboard frame only..

WIP1248_zpsnnhvwwcn.jpg

..I started by working out what the shape would be if I 'unfolded' the frame and then laminated some sheet so I could get them all the same shape, size and get the holes in the same place on all - here I have finished working them and have peeled off the top sheet..

WIP1249_zpsupdycteo.jpg

..and after folding them up into the frames..

WIP1250_zpsyxowrkey.jpg

..added the parts needed to detail them..

WIP1251_zps8gr4pd7x.jpg

..and assembled with the rudder pedals - an axle links all the parts together...

WIP1252_zps9ndgyosw.jpg

..the pistons were made with brass and ali tube, drilled to take some lead wire with scale hardware nuts...

WIP1253_zpslnyodd5s.jpg

..I added a wire loop at the top to mount the pistons to the frames - this won't be seen when they are fitted in the cockpit..

WIP1254_zpsb4uml4nz.jpg

..painted & chipped - the parts are pretty much done..

WIP1256_zpsjw08q21w.jpg

WIP1255_zps5nfua9g5.jpg

..and roughly where they will sit in the cockpit...

WIP1257_zpsxqvmfec6.jpg

..thats it for today - again a good few hours for some tiny little bits no-one will ever see...

TTFN
Peter

Oh FFS! I give up. Time to sell my meagre stash and move to an internetless island somewhere and live out my days as a hermit for I am not worthy to share space with a person who can do these builds you consistently turn out. Incredible work. Even though they and other builds of a similar quality on these forums do provoke my envy.

Oh FFS! I give up. Time to sell my meagre stash and move to an internetless island somewhere and live out my days as a hermit for I am not worthy to share space with a person who can do these builds you consistently turn out. Incredible work. Even though they and other builds of a similar quality on these forums do provoke my envy.

X2.........Harv