Meng Models ME-163B 1/32

Nick32

But consider that the other members who feel like I do may be so unimpressed that they are just ignoring the whole thing and are not bothering to make a comment.

No, I can pretty much guarantee that you are the only member that feels that if any kit has ever been released since the beginning of time, no manufacturer should ever do another kit of it again...

I agree with Stephen that a new subject would be nicer, but on the other hand, if this causes the release of the "schuech schlepper" Komet carrier, then I am very pleased.

As for all those detail parts, I would hope that they would put them where I could see them, and detail those areas that are fully visible on a closed up kit first, instead of waiting for an aftermarket company to fix their issues with detail. I don't really want to buy a lot of detail that is completely invisible in a closed up kit. I'd rather have a second kit instead of the single higher priced but invisibly detailed kit.

As for this one, we don't know anything about that detail, so the wait begins. The chase is often much better than the possession, which causes all of our collections to grow.

Tnarg

It's a pity that we can't just rejoice that there will be another high quality 1/32 kit on the market the first by a top drawer manufacturer, it's been kitted once before, thirty years ago?

Who drives a thirty-plus year old car, cooks on a thirty-plus-year old stove, or maybe just a pot over a fire? Watches tv on a black and white set? Is there something wrong with progress? Personally I'm glad I grew out of nappies, but I guess some are just content sitting in their own poop.

I think I'll be digging out my Mano Zeigler book, read it about thirty years ago.

And maybe it will give Dragon a kick in the rear needed to bring the Do 335 to the market? And what next from Meng, an Bf 109G-6 perhaps..? :please:

When I spoke to the owner of Meng Models at Telford last year there was an interest in doing 1/32 scale aircraft but no real commitment to do so at that time.
It's nice to see that he's 'dipping his toe in the water' by doing the Me-163, perhaps as a market tester, a little sooner than expected?
Like most on here I see any newly tooled kit as being very welcome, yes, we would have probably received the news of a brand new subject with perhaps more excitement but the quality of their stuff is truly a delight to see and I think it'll sell well!
If the price is within my budget I'll definitely be getting one.
2013 is going to be an awesome year for new 1/32 aircraft kits, will 2014 be able to compete with all of this I wonder?
Very happy days! :speak_cool:

I agree with Stephen that a new subject would be nicer, but on the other hand, if this causes the release of the "schuech schlepper" Komet carrier, then I am very pleased.

As for all those detail parts, I would hope that they would put them where I could see them, and detail those areas that are fully visible on a closed up kit first, instead of waiting for an aftermarket company to fix their issues with detail. I don't really want to buy a lot of detail that is completely invisible in a closed up kit. I'd rather have a second kit instead of the single higher priced but invisibly detailed kit.

As for this one, we don't know anything about that detail, so the wait begins. The chase is often much better than the possession, which causes all of our collections to grow.

Tnarg

OK Grant, I can take an hint! ;)

Cheers

Derek

Derek, I was going to say your name, but waited for you to come forward. With all the rest that you are up to, this may not be at the top of the list (B-17 parts and Saabs and etc.). However, it would be pretty cool to see that little vehicle carrying the Komet of any version or manufacturer.

Tnarg

Guest Nigelr32

I personally think Meng models are awesome.

If any of you are in your local hobby store over the next few weeks, and they have any of the Meng kits in stock, mainly 1/35 modern armour, take a look inside the box.. you will be surprised at the detail therein.

Just my 2p....

DO... WANT !!!

I have several Meng kits (armour) and the detail is fantastic. I have not seen any of thier a/c kits "in the flesh", but Meng seems to be very conscientious about accuracy and research, so it bodes very well.

From thier web site "Many hatches can be built either in open or closed position. Model fuselage breakdown refers to the structure of real aircraft. No cement is needed to join the front and rear parts of the fuselage. A support frame is provided to show interior details."

So it sounds like all the provided internal details and engine can be seen after assembly if the modeller so wishes.

Marc B.

Looking forward to a newly tooled Me 163B, but cautious because of Meng's habit of going sky high with their prices...

D

I have to agree on the price concerns. A small model with a relatively high parts-count doesn't really suggest it will be cheap.

Kev

Looking forward to a newly tooled Me 163B, but cautious because of Meng's habit of going sky high with their prices...

D

Domestic, yes... I never buy these domestic as prices are way too ridiculous after the importers/ middlemen have thier way. Lucky and HobbyEasy will have this for a much more reasonable price (Meng T-90 ~$45; F-102 ~$27)

And for those thinking I should support my LHS, they get plennnnnnty 'o my money :)

Probably not likely to purchase this one but always great to see a new model company start doing 1/32 scale. Personally I would like to have seen them do a Horton 229 if they wanted to do an exotic WW2 German type but who knows what the future will bring.