Anthony in NZ

75 Sqn RNZAF Mosquito Detailed Build

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Leo, I don't have the HK kit only the Tamiya one. But I am pretty sure if you check out the build comparison being done by Carl you will find the 100gal ones come with the HK kit and the Tamiya has the 50gal ones.

Cheers

Anthony

Thanks guys!  I really appreciate the encouragement.

Starfighter, that Viking of yours really blows my mind, that is modelling at its finest and inspires me to push the boundaries.

Loic same with you mate, that Mirage is a stunner!

I should have another update in a few days, I have been crook with the flu so havent felt like modelling.  Every time I picked it up I just made a mess so left it alone.  My head has been clearer the past few days and I am battling away with this lower tropical carb intake.  If it is to be used by others I need to find a way to make it more of a 'drop fit'.  I have come up with an idea and have reworked the intake.  I glued it on to one nacelle side last night and I think the concept will work. I just want to flick some MrS over it and see how it looks before I post pics.

I think I am REALLY going to have to add photoetch fasteners around the cowl, to me the Cammett ones are just too short....can anyone help????

Cheers

Anthony 

Great work Anthony! Question, do the external fuel tanks come in the HK kit? I will probably hold out for the later version, but I really want to do the USAAF photo recon bird with the red/orange tail!

Leo

The HK kit has the 100 gallon tanks as Anthony mentioned. I've sent my set to Harold so that he can use them as a pattern for those who have the Tamiya kit and want to hang the bigger tanks on it.

Carl

Righto, I think I have sorted this carb intake out, in case it goes into production I want it to be a fairly simple drop fit.

First spray of MrS last night and all looks pretty good I think...

Gah....cant get photobucket to wok, will try again soon, sorry chaps and chapesses

FLAWLESS and PRISTINE work  Anthony..

your work is very thorough and still enjoying the thread and the work is most INSPIRING.. :clap2:

Hope you fell well soon and take care. :popcorn:

Keep it coming as it sure does pass the day seeing your lovely work. :bow:

MARU 5137

Thanks guys!  Much appreciated!  I dont know what to say except the words of encouragement spur me on when I feel like I have fallen into a hole!

Peter I am sure you know how that feels with such a mammoth project like yours!

Ok I think I can get it to work...

airmos%20008_zpsqwugwwgo.jpg

airmos%20006_zpsonsnv80a.jpg

airmos%20005_zpsaiqtutxm.jpg

I am pretty happy with how it has come out and I just have to add some Archer rivets to the intake and scribe a panel on.

Next up will be the rebated heat shield behind the exhaust as the scribed panel dosent cut the mustard and the other side looks good with it done. Once I have that done I can cover the allu skin in circular rivets (or doorknobs, for Jennings benefit...LOL)with my beading tool

Cheers

Anthony