75 Sqn RNZAF Mosquito Detailed Build

Anthony in NZ

Ok, these bomb doors have been getting quite involved. Time to start reworking the hinges.

Should look like this...

ferrymead2%20028_zpsgbam6spu.jpg

so I have cut the kit part back to the shape of the inner wooden piece and I have trimmed up the 2 side plates to replicate the same multi layered real part. I am going to trim it back and see how it looks. I have made both port and stbd. Once I have trimmed it back and am happy I will add the bolt detail and add the screw details to the inner 'dished' skin. I have scribed the outer doors and added a few extra details. then I can make the other 2 sets of hinges....eeeek

mos1%20003_zpsrlyfzko8.jpg

Not much of an update, but its progress for me...

Thanks for looking all

Cheers

Anthony

Thanks Kev, really appreciate that mate, especially coming from you!

As much as I love this Airfix kit...and I do. In this scale some things have just got to be done, well I think they do. I am hoping it will finish up looking like Tamiya produced the kit! Well that is the aim...

Thanks Mike and Mel!

I have finished one hinge up very late last night, I drilled out all the little bolt holes and inserted fine rod to simulate the bolt heads and have glued it to the door itself.  Working on the other side at present.  These will form the pattern for lining up the other 2 sets of hinges to keep everything in alignment.

Will post some shots of that and the ailerons tonight.

Cheers

Anthony

Ok so I think this effect will work out just fine, I have glued it to the door now.

mos1%20018_zpsc1yjz77n.jpg

Drew on the rib rivet lines and did very slight stressing of the skin. The Mosquito aileron didn't seem to get the effect like the elevators have. I doubt it will be even noticed when riveted and painted

mos1%20009_zpsobtyoozx.jpg

Really difficult to photograph the stressed effect...

mos1%20012_zpsvu0rshir.jpg

As you can see the trim tabs will also be deflected and I have reworked and boxed the inner section (cant see it in these pics) so I can add the actuating rod etc

Thanks for looking

• 1 month later...

Thanks Zak

Not much to report except whilst waiting for some things to set on my Zero I started whittling some plastic around the tailwheel to try and improve it without pulling it to bits.....well I ended up with many bits!

airmos%20010_zpsvelaeoee.jpg

airmos%20005_zps3xpdaaac.jpg

airmos%20011_zpsnigmskft.jpg

So as you can see I ended up reworking the whole thing. Still a fair bit to go like the ends of the fork and the ejector pin marks and general tidy up.

Thanks for looking in

Cheers

Anthony

Edited by Anthony in NZ

Been fine tuning the tailwheel and getting it all tidied up, looking good. Will take pics when I get the ends of the fork finished

In the meantime my good friend Kerry sent me a pic of the first test shots off my masters. You can see here the corrected and reprofiled paddle prop blade, underwing RP stubs and long carb intakes...thanks mate!

FullSizeRender1_zpsukopdipm.jpg

As always, thanks for peeking in on this painfully slow build!

Cheers

Anthony