Tamiya's big Spit

Wolf Buddee

I decided to try and put all the various different sub-assemblies together to see how everything fit. The landing gear was temporarily secured in place, the engine,mounts and cowl frames were slid in place, and the upper and lower engine cowls were fitted. All in all I'm really impressed with they way everything fits especially as nothing has been secured with glue. It's beginning to look like airframe painting is not very far off.

Spitfire-3.jpg

Cheers,

Wolf

WOW, thats killer. I love the fact that all the big Spittys that have been built here, they all show their own individuality , all great looking each and every one. I've said it before, I am amazed at the talent we have on our site !.Great job, my friend.....Harv :goodjob:

• 2 weeks later...

As I have said elsewhere - simply superb work there, Wolf! :D

Good to see your Spiftire on its wheels, looking forward to see more soon.

(Hmm, believe this is actually my first post here at LSP... I have been following these forums on and off for a number of years but never got around to posting anything until now.)

I decided to try and put all the various different sub-assemblies together to see how everything fit. The landing gear was temporarily secured in place, the engine,mounts and cowl frames were slid in place, and the upper and lower engine cowls were fitted. All in all I'm really impressed with they way everything fits especially as nothing has been secured with glue. It's beginning to look like airframe painting is not very far off.

Spitfire-3.jpg

Cheers,

Wolf

Hi Wolf,

Great to see your Spit on it's gear. I'm in the process of building Tamiya's Mk.XVIe. Now that you have had a chance to fit the sub-assemblies together, do your side cowl panels fit flush and in place with rub strips that you made from Tamiya tape on the cowl supports? I'd like to do the same treatment to my cowl supports but want to make sure the rub strips don't cause any interference.

Thanks,

Shane

Looking mighty fine, Wolf. I've been saving all of your in-progress shots so I can shamelessly copy your detailing when I get back at my big Spit.

If I may point one thing out, though; I don't know if it's a camera parallax thing or not, but the 20mm cannon looks as if it has a distinct downward tilt - it should be parallel to the panel line that runs along the fuselage through the bottom of the cockpit door.

If it is indeed a camera angle thing it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong!

Cheers,

Tony

Lookin great Wolf...Very much like the prop and spinner with just a subtle hint of grunge..less is more,and you know that better than most. Cheers .

PS...Ya....fix that cannon. :rolleyes:

Edited by williamj