Suggestion of 1:32 Sunderland and Halifax from HK Models

Tony T

19 hours ago, nmayhew said:

there would be more who post here if the site hosted images, which it doesn't

i can't be doing with the ball ache of using image hosting sites for WIPs i'm afraid

I am with you 100% on that.  When I first signed up to this site I tried to set up an image hosting site and had all kind of problems.  These days I simply cannot be bothered with it. I have even forgotten what the site was.  

2 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

Not at all 1/48 is a great scale for a Sunderland and there isn’t currently a decent one available. 1/32 would allow a full interior pimp-out but good luck finding space with the Wings on.

Tony the mention of family connection to this aircraft makes sense of your desire for it - hope it does come out and your dream come true.

Thanks. I'd be happy with a 1:48 Sunderland as a 1:32 kit would have a bit too much heft, though would look cool hanging from the ceiling in a barn conversion.

Tony 

Actually the Sunderland is a massive monster. This is not very visible because of the fuselage shape but it is even larger than the Stirling that was already far longer than the Lancaster and Halifax (both being quite similar):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handley_Page_Halifax#/media/File:British_WW2_bombers_comparison.png

5 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Actually the Sunderland is a massive monster. This is not very visible because of the fuselage shape but it is even larger than the Stirling that was already far longer than the Lancaster and Halifax (both being quite similar):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handley_Page_Halifax#/media/File:British_WW2_bombers_comparison.png

I haven't seen a Sunderland in person but I have seen a Kawanishi H8K Emily [ the only one left ], it's even larger than the Sunderlander. I did see the Solent that was up in Oakland Ca. , that was impressive.

5 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Yup… a 1/32 Sunderland is huge!

Pic 26

20 minutes ago, tomprobert said:

Yup… a 1/32 Sunderland is huge!

Pic 26

Yeah for sure! It's not just the length and wingspan ,it's the shear bulk of the thing . Outstanding job on that Sunderland , I wouldn't even know where to start even if I had the skill sets to do it! Absolutely bada$$!!

I'd go for a 1/48 Sunderland too. In fact I have the Alpha Flight kit, but I haven't figured out how to correct the porthole spacing. I might eventually put it together and hope the mistake is not too obvious behind the beaching gear.

On 4/18/2024 at 10:46 AM, nmayhew said:

there would be more who post here if the site hosted images, which it doesn't

i can't be doing with the ball ache of using image hosting sites for WIPs i'm afraid

There's gotta be at least one that would work without any testicular pain ...

https://www.wix.com/blog/photography/free-image-hosting-sites      :coolio:

I've been using Imgur for years EZPZ. I must be grandfathered as I pay no fee and see no ads.

You can post images to the cloud, there's lottsa options.