Suggestion of 1:32 Sunderland and Halifax from HK Models

Tony T

Wishlist speculation threads being linked to from one forum to the next. Must be a slow news day

Id say the original rumour has the scale mixed up for starters. ICM - have they done a twin in 1/32 ? Or even a 4 engine in 1-48? And they’re bringing out a massive Sunderland in 1/32 - maybe. Or pigs might fly. Backwards 

Edited by Pup7309

7 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

Wishlist speculation threads being linked to from one forum to the next. Must be a slow news day

Id say the original rumour has the scale mixed up for starters. ICM - have they done a twin in 1/32 ? Or even a 4 engine in 1-48? And they’re bringing out a massive Sunderland in 1/32 - maybe. Or pigs might fly. Backwards 

I suppose if you count their 1/48 He-111Z Zwilling, they have released a 1/48 4-engined kit (or five, in this case). However, ICM's niche appears to be single-engined WWII aircraft in 1/32, and twin-engined WWII aircraft in 1/48.

I'd like to dare them to do a twin-engine in 1/32. Their kits are delightfully simple, yet detailed, and build up really nice, albeit a little fiddly in places. No matter what, their 1/32 stuff from the past 4-5 years or so has been top-notch. And in the same swing, I'd like to dare them to do a true 4-engined aircraft in 1/48, like a Halifax. I've observed that one of the kit manufacturers that we comment least about in terms of accuracy issues, is ICM. That's why I want them to keep putting out kits we love; they are accurate, appear to be well-researched, and attractive subjects.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

Sutherland:  I would like to see ICM produce a full length fuselage with full interior. This could be similar to the Lancaster nose but full length; there is much more to see within the whole plane.  Skipping the rest of the airplane or doing fuselage first then the whole kit would I am betting should get it into our hands faster. I do not need a clear fuselage but it would keep the dust out.  

9 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

Where did ICM enter the equation? This is a suggestion about HK Models, aka Hong Kong Models, who have already produced B-17s and Lancasters in 1:32 scale.

Watch out, because you may get unexpectedly pooped on by a pig flying in reverse.

Tony

8 hours ago, Tony T said:

Where did ICM enter the equation? This is a suggestion about HK Models, aka Hong Kong Models, who have already produced B-17s and Lancasters in 1:32 scale.

Watch out, because you may get unexpectedly pooped on by a pig flying in reverse.

Tony

Haha! It’s Already in reverse- noted. Got threads crossed:doh:As you were. Continue with speculation wishlisting from rumourmonger! :thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, mozart said:

How quickly a thread wanders from the OP’s original and, as usual, develops into yet another boring wishlist. :deadhorse:

For whatever reason it looks modellers always prefer dreaming about what could be rather than being satisfied by what is already there! Strangely there are always 'must have' that stay unavailable in 'our' scale ... :doh: I just think we could build a workflow with tests to assess the probability one thread will finally become a wish list one. However I'm wondering if this would not be a close to useless effort considering how many different discussions change into such wish lists! :hmmm: Actually we should possibly do the opposite: assess what can be discussed while probably not being changed into such a result...:rolleyes:

How many people do we have on this site I wonder who really are “modellers”, as opposed to “collectors”, dreamers” or whatever? There is a hard core who post WiPs and subsequently RFIs, but an awful lot who don’t. 

12 minutes ago, mozart said:

How quickly a thread wanders from the OP’s original and, as usual, develops into yet another boring wishlist. :deadhorse:

4 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

For whatever reason it looks modellers always prefer dreaming about what could be rather than being satisfied by what is already there! Strangely there are always 'must have' that stay unavailable in 'our' scale ... :doh: I just think we could build a workflow with tests to assess the probability one thread will finally become a wish list one. However I'm wondering if this would not be a close to useless effort considering how many different discussions change into such wish lists! :hmmm: Actually we should possibly do the opposite: assess what can be discussed while probably not being changed into such a result...:rolleyes:

I suppose it's inevitable, and I've done it myself, but it does get boring if it happens too often.

I guess one could develop some sort of formula to find x= number of posts where the thread becomes a wishlist but it won't be me.

4 minutes ago, mozart said:

How many people do we have on this site I wonder who really are “modellers”, as opposed to “collectors”, dreamers” or whatever? There is a hard core who post WiPs and subsequently RFIs, but an awful lot who don’t. 

Fair point. But don't forget those of us who are builders and just don't post many WIPs and RFIs for whatever reason. (I start a thread with the best of intentions, but my photography skills and setup let me down every time).

11 minutes ago, MikeC said:

Fair point. But don't forget those of us who are builders and just don't post many WIPs and RFIs for whatever reason. (I start a thread with the best of intentions, but my photography skills and setup let me down every time).

ALL of my photos Mike are taken with an ipad, not a difficult task. 

2 hours ago, mozart said:

ALL of my photos Mike are taken with an ipad, not a difficult task. 

My hands aren't steady enough and I don't have an image host to link them to here. An experience shared by many I suspect. I'm going to attempt some digital snaps later this year to send to the mods for posting. 

But what's wrong with building and collecting unbuilt kits too? Surely most of us have an as-yet unbuilt "collection" in our heads?

8 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

Haha! It’s Already in reverse- noted. Got threads crossed:doh:As you were. Continue with speculation wishlisting from rumourmonger! :thumbsup:

The information seemed quite reliable (not from a mischief maker), and the prospect of a big Halifax is completely credible from a firm that's already produced multiple subvariants of two four-engined heavy bombers. 

We shall see.

The Sunderland seems a little more remote due to its bulk, but my thoughts are that H K Models are designing these in 1:32 but may be aiming to tweak the CAD to produce a 1:48 kit, or both. I'd get both in either scale but would have to drop 20% of the stash to justify two 1:32 offerings sold in suitcases.

Tony

4 hours ago, mozart said:

My bad too.  Another thread asked for one kit/aircraft that was the most numerous in the stash.  (A one text line answer) My answer was list of many in the stash.  

OK back to ICM and gigantic models  etc.

:P