Spitfire Vb Border Models 1/35 scale

mozart

7 minutes ago, mozart said:

Is this new news? Apologies if not. Available in June apparently:

WYfCcP.jpg

£59.95 from Jadlam. 

I hope it will be better than the initial release but I would not hold my breath for that ...

1 minute ago, mozart said:

Ah, didn’t realise there even had been a release already Thierry! :blush:

Actually you're right. I mixed things up as I had seen the sprues quite some time ago! This is indeed their first Spit release. Unfortunately it does not really look better than the Hobbyboss kit... Better wait for the Kotare kit even if it was not a 1/35 kit.

I'd wait for the kotare issue to honest . I saw the sprue shots on here a while back , looks like a lot of hobby Boss" DNA". If I can spot the problems ,and I'm not that "up to speed " on the early mark spits, then that may be telling in and of itself. I 'm also hearing their -109 G has some Trumpeter  "DNA" also [ i' don't have  the kit, just what I've heard]. 

35 minutes ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

I'd wait for the kotare issue to honest . I saw the sprue shots on here a while back , looks like a lot of hobby Boss" DNA". If I can spot the problems ,and I'm not that "up to speed " on the early mark spits, then that may be telling in and of itself. I 'm also hearing their -109 G has some Trumpeter  "DNA" also [ i' don't have  the kit, just what I've heard]. 

I am a second, I don:t care if it is a perfect model of the Sptifire from Border, I would go Kotare for a simpler build.  Probably will get a V when Kotare gets beyond the early version.  

Well, I am keen on this model and look forward to it in anticipation. I am sure it is as nice as the other Border kits and 1:35 looks for me as a perfect scale for models. As I am no rivet counter I am sure I’ll be able to live with minor flaws, if there should be any.

4 hours ago, Talon said:

Attacked by 3 x 109s, lost your wingman, and you're still flying straight and level?! You're gonna get kilt! B)

Who comes up with the boxart?!

Yup! A good way to become a statistic!

Don’t care about the scale, but have to agree. If Kotare coming out with a better kit why bother, unless Borders one is just as good and they do some airfield set up in 1/35 with tower, Nissan huts ambulance and fuel truck. Or maybe a hanger or bomb protected parking bay. 
Disclaimer: not wishing this into existence wouldn’t get it anyway probably. Though interesting to think about. I think the ship deck diorama is a phenomenal concept.  Hope they do well with it. 

Edited by Pup7309

On 3/28/2024 at 2:36 AM, Talon said:

Attacked by 3 x 109s, lost your wingman, and you're still flying straight and level?! You're gonna get kilt! B)

Who comes up with the boxart?!

Same folks who picked the scale, I trust..... Hey, Tim, stop being a grumpy old git......