Me-110?

If you're looking for a kit, Revell Germany might be your best bet, unless you can find an original Dragon release on the cheap. Dragon's instructions are missing quite a few items, so you're better off grabbing a set of the Revell or Hobby 2000 instructions to guide your build. I've found the Revell of Germany kits to be the cheapest of the bunch, unless sourcing second hand.

It's a lovely kit regardless of which one you source!

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

42 minutes ago, MikeMaben said:

Hi Tripehound   :hi:  be careful when searching, there's and old Revell 110C and a newer Revell release

that's actually the Dragon kit marketed by Revell.  Good luck and  have fun.

Slightly off topic perhaps. How is the old Revell -110G? I know it's pretty old .

DML / Revell rebox / Hobby2000 rebox - excellent kits

very little nose art so just get some masks cut and you can make a huge selection of aircraft

you will have the option of 70/71 early camo or later evolutions; and some with fuselage bombs, and the odd C-6 with a cannon under the belly; sharkmouths, white noses, there’s quite a bit out there.

The 1/32 Dragon /Revell re-box is a great kit and an absolute steal for what is in the box. Also, they are frequently featured in 'Sale' listings.

It is a true enigma however why they never did the 'G' Night-fighter version which would probably (IMHO) have been the most popular variant of them all. I doubt however that we will ever see it from that set of moulds now though.

Gary

Edited by Gary Needham
spelling

4 hours ago, Tripehound said:

Thanks, everybody. I found a Dragon Me-110C and there's plenty of decals if needed.

The most challenging part of the build are the nacelles….take your time over trial fits and get everything well prepared before gluing. 

1 hour ago, MikeMaben said:

I have a Japanese release that's 1974 as well.

That's kind of what I figured. What's it like, is it worth any effort? I don't think we'll see a 110G night fighter from anyone ,so this might be the only shot at having one on the shelf. I got a 5 lb hand sledge and a Black Decker body grinder if needed.

37 minutes ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

That's kind of what I figured. What's it like, is it worth any effort? I don't think we'll see a 110G night fighter from anyone ,so this might be the only shot at having one on the shelf. I got a 5 lb hand sledge and a Black Decker body grinder if needed.

While I actually have the old kit in the stash, along with a ton of legacy aftermarket for it, with plans to do what I can with it, for people more sane than I am, I'd recommend grabbing a Dragon kit (or the Revell rebox), and sourcing one of the AIMS conversion sets. This will give you a better result with arguably less effort, but at probably significantly more cost.

Kev