1/32 F-4B VF-111 "201" (Tamiya Conversion to B, Folded Wings)

Here she is, done! Thanks for the research support I've received for the build, especially from Jari.

I seem to have lost my photographic skills, most of the pics are overexposed, in some the model appears a lot more patchy than she really is.

lBVcP2.jpg

m7V3bQ.jpg

smXhDu.jpg

JZHR9F.jpg

6YUU9A.jpg

1IX9Gs.jpg

Z7SI5d.jpg

InIgly.jpg

I am really pleased with the way the hinge mechanism turned out, thanks again Severin.

Here and there I used old-school detailing techniques, e.g. the fuel dump was done by squashing some brass tube in a vice to get the oval shape, then sawn off to correct length and worked into the trailing edge. Those Eduard photo-etch stencil masks are gems.

2H3kxi.jpg

0jZTUg.jpg

ulNA7W.jpg

Don't pay too much attention to the base, it's somewhat temporary since the end-game is to have this and an A-6B stand on a large Coral Sea base.

6wZzfR.jpg

rfaupL.jpg

Cheers,

Marcel

Marcel...Great job on a Phabulous Phantom! The details and spot paint and weathering from 

being aboard ship are just perfect. You must have looked at a lot of pictures to get that down.

I can smell the JP-4 around the burner cans! Will be a great combo with the A-6 when it's built! 

Cheers...Ron

17 minutes ago, Landrotten Highlander said:

Wonderful work,

took some time in finding this thread (was looking in SLP RFI section).  Perhaps needs shifting to the proper section by moderators?

Thx for noticing that, no idea how I managed to park this here, for sure a mistake, would be great if the moderators could shift it over to Ready For Inspection 

Hi Marcel,

That is a stunning model.  It also happens to be finished in what I think is the best paint scheme ever seen on a Phantom.   I live in hope that I will build a 1/32 VF-111 Phantom and if it turns out to be half as good as yours, I'll be happy.

Cheers,

Wayne 

On 3/10/2024 at 9:43 AM, Marcel111 said:

Here she is, done! Thanks for the research support I've received for the build, especially from Jari.

Wow, great work, Marcel!!!

May I post it on the website?

:clap2::clap2::clap2: