1:32 F-84F-Thunderstreak by JetMADS - Reservations open

RicardoD

Interesting how Jetmads has disabled commenting on their Fb page. I guess they don't want any comments about their print quality.

Their business model works well for them: sell out the entire production run before the kit is even produced, so there are no pesky "test build" photos to turn people away.
It's a shame, becuase otherwise they are very nice kits.

As an aside: I've seen nobody except for myself start work on the recent X-3 Stiletto, and I think I know why!

I am thankful as a modeler that Jetmads bring kits I have been waiting for years and the Thunderstreak is a favourite cold war jet of mine that I was complaining no other manufacturer cared to produce in 1/32. The addition of a Mk.7 weapon is just pleasing, I had two in mind but just placed a reservation for three kits. 

Man, I sure would like to get one of these, but the price precludes me from going there . That and the fact that I have zero experience doing full resin kits, same thing that kept me away from the Draken. I used to see -84Fs fly into the local reserve base in the early 60s[ Youngstown Ohio]. I'm thinking they were from Mansfield, Ohio.  

Hm.  I could be wrong on this, but I think the only F-84Fs to carry nuclear bombs would have been the bare metal ones, and if so, that doesn't seem to work well with models having lots and lots of 3-D layer lines.

37 minutes ago, Mark_C said:

Hm.  I could be wrong on this, but I think the only F-84Fs to carry nuclear bombs would have been the bare metal ones, and if so, that doesn't seem to work well with models having lots and lots of 3-D layer lines.

Whether it's bare metal or painted, you're gonna have to fix those lines. Or better yet, Jetmads could get their act together and print their kits properly.

I see the same old crowd gathering around for this one as well :D

I have also reserved a copy but only a single kit. Its not a favorite of mine but cool enough to get a spot in a display cabinet. I really wish it was the RF-84 because that would almost complete the Royal Danish Air Force jet aircraft collection in 1/32 - and I would like to have all of them.

I am pretty serious about making the jump into 3D printing and designing my own parts. I am a structural Engineer afterall but time available isnt even enough for building the kits in my stash..

Edited by Zola25

2 hours ago, Zola25 said:

I see the same old crowd gathering around for this one as well :D

I have also reserved a copy but only a single kit. Its not a favorite of mine but cool enough to get a spot in a display cabinet. I really wish it was the RF-84 because that would almost complete the Royal Danish Air Force jet aircraft collection in 1/32 - and I would like to have all of them.

I am pretty serious about making the jump into 3D printing and designing my own parts. I am a structural Engineer afterall but time available isnt even enough for building the kits in my stash..

I’m with you - I’m also an engineer with little time. I’m currently designing and printing more detailed landing gear bays for the Mirage 2000C

I made my pre-order yesterday .Regarding the weight of the kit , I hope that the nose gear leg, will be strong enough to support it..well .... let's trust to the Jetmad team to solve the problem

Alain