Revell 1/24 N-1 Starfighter

The Madhatter

So yeah, there she is, so beautifully rich in colour:

20240320_100827

20240320_100849

20240320_100920

20240320_100933

Then I saw, what I thought, was a drop of water on the paint just as I was about to start spraying the clear, so being careful,  I dabbed it away with a cotton bud and this nice present was left behind

20240320_165703

Seriously WTF!? You ever get one of those builds where the worst possible thing will happen at the absolute worst time? This is it in all its photographic glory.

Urgh, why did I have to do a WIP? Now, I just have to fix it. I can't sand it back for a full panel respray as I don't have enough paint to do that. So, the next best thing to do is take a leaf out of the car world and stick a decal over it. As it is, I found some closely scalled water slide SW insignia decals on ebay and am now waiting for them to arrive. When ever that is. 

I did a mock up with all the remaining parts. The final fitment is going to be a challenge at best. 

20240320_230249

20240320_230307

20240320_230321

20240320_230343

There is a lot of empty space between the engine and the cowling. You could add more stuff and it would be visible, but I won't be.  I know I can be a bit mad at times but I'm also not a sadist 

Looks amazing, Si!

You ever get one of those builds where the worst possible thing will happen at the absolute worst time?

You ever get one of those builds where the worst possible thing will happen at the absolute worst time?

I'm still waiting for a build where this doesn't happen!

Kev

• 2 weeks later...

hi everyone

Hope we all had a nice relaxing Easter break?  Not much to report on this one as I am waiting on some more paint to arrive as I couldn't stand that splotch on the front panel - so I stripped it right back and repainted it. Not the whole ship - just the front section

20240401_223414

Did a dry fit of the engines and they do look good. I just need to wire in the filament but due to the complex way Revell have you put the whole lot together, it's going to be a challenge to say the least

20240401_222059

20240401_222036

20240401_222121

20240401_222229

20240401_222253

Well, that's it for now. She's sitting on the shelf awaiting the new paint. Once that's here, I should get her finished pretty quickly - I hope. In the meantime, I am working on my HMS Exeter which I'm hoping to have done for Expo

Thanks for your patience and I'll see you again soon

Si

Guess I should pay more attention and read this site! Saw your new images on Flickr, then it clicked....go to LSP and see the whole thing! That red is sharp looking, Si. That's going to look really, really good once it's buttoned up. Looking forward to see it all come together. 

Thanks guys.  Im still waiting for the paint to show up. Hoping its at home for me when I get in from work.

This is definitely not a ship for a bounty hunter. Im presenting this more as a personal craft than the one from the show, mainly because everyone else will be doing it in silver and I like to be different 

• 2 weeks later...