Revell 1/24 N-1 Starfighter

The Madhatter

Looks great! 

I do not know what Alclad uses for catalyst. I am just remembering doing some two-part lacquer work while restoring a 68 Vette. Mixing the catalyst with the base color, especially in small batches like we were dealing with, was tricky. It was bright red, too, by the way.:)

Anyway, your new paint looks fantastic!

Clear coated the red first. Worked a treat - as expected :)

Sorted out the on/off button - so no external button or switch to be seen, and it'll be fully self contained power too - no leads :)

20240318_000529

20240318_001522

20240318_001537

I'll put some button cells in a holder below the base, and to change the batteries just pull the droid out by the head - at least, that's the plan

They are so simple to use yet really handy. I should've bought more of them! 

I just love the colour of the base layer. I'm not a pink fan by any stretch but this actually looks really good 

2024-03-19_04-52-56

Maybe Revell will make a full panel version and it can be the new Barbie Mobile? 

Freshly unmasked in its updated colour scheme. 

20240320_100827

20240320_100849

I just absolutely love this red

20240320_100920

20240320_100933

There are a couple of small touch ups to be done but nothing that requires a repaint thankfully!

I moved away from the black and went more for a retro look. The ship lends itself beautifully to this colour choice with its flowing lines and stunning curves that are reminiscent of art deco sci-fi (that's in my own personal opinion). I can say with utmost confidence thar it'll look even better once the clear coat goes on and its been polished etc.