Revell... Really

red Dog

For me, this is a timely post. The Trumpeter Tomcat choice post mentioned the Revell F-14 being a viable alternative to the Trumpeter/Tamiya kits. I found the Revell F-15 a good alternative to the Tamiya Eagle as well. Which had me thinking, how the Revell F-16 was. Have to say, after my experiences with the F-14/15 i would be willing to give this a try, though  i have no room to build now.

Don

12 minutes ago, dmthamade said:

For me, this is a timely post. The Trumpeter Tomcat choice post mentioned the Revell F-14 being a viable alternative to the Trumpeter/Tamiya kits. I found the Revell F-15 a good alternative to the Tamiya Eagle as well. Which had me thinking, how the Revell F-16 was. Have to say, after my experiences with the F-14/15 i would be willing to give this a try, though  i have no room to build now.

Don

The Revell Eagle is unfortunately(?) far better than the Tomcat and Viper kits from the same company.

I find it kind of odd they would reintroduce a kit with Tamiya and Academy already having the market cornered. I guess it’s a price point thing.  With so many other molds collecting dust one would think they could watch the market and see what’s in demand. 

15 minutes ago, ScottsGT said:

I find it kind of odd they would reintroduce a kit with Tamiya and Academy already having the market cornered. I guess it’s a price point thing.  With so many other molds collecting dust one would think they could watch the market and see what’s in demand. 

Is this an old kit? I didn’t know Revell did an F-16 

from what year?

hang on, never mind I’ll check scalemates it should all be there for the reading

31 minutes ago, John Stambaugh said:

I have always had a fondness and appreciation for Revell but I just can't understand why they have not reissued the Ju-88, He-111 or the Arado 196.

I see them bringing very high prices on Ebay and the IPMS shows. Seems to me that the demand is there.

So what im hearing is I can list and sell my 88 and 111 on eBay and retire?

1 hour ago, chrish said:

Is this an old kit? I didn’t know Revell did an F-16 

from what year?

hang on, never mind I’ll check scalemates it should all be there for the reading

Originally released as a F-16A in 1979

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell-h-4701-f-16a-general-dynamics--163604

It was a reasonable kit when released - I built one at the time and enjoyed it. 

But release of the Tamiya F-16 made the other kits redundant IMHO.

As has been said - decals will probably be quite good.

Again - as others have said - the F-15 they did was the best of the Revell bunch and brilliant for the time - pretty much state of the art at that time - we all drooled over it!

Iain