F4 S VF 161 " Charger "

Hi gents

What about  another Phantom ?? it's my fourth in a row, I think I’ve been bitten by the  virus :doh:........ So ,here is my last one, a conversion of the Tam's J to the S version, 1/32 scale, VF 161 "Charger" I like this squadron marking.....Do you? ...the blessed time of colorful squadron markings in the US Navy.:innocent:....  A little bit of scratch built , some  AM stuffs, namely "Black box" cockpit, "Sparkit" seats (a must have), "Aerocraft models for the clear parts (one block frame / canopy easier than the Tam's solution) .Some Eduard's etched parts, and then, the slatted outer wings from "Wingman". I encountered fit issues with this set, the teeth of the hinge don't correspond to the kit part, the engraving is "soft", the parts are a bit bent etc....... and much more... That makes me wonder:" but ... what a hell, I didn't choose to build the J instead of the S ...it would have made my life easier" :BANGHEAD2: ...  too bad ...:D All main markings have been painted (except the small stencils.. ) .... ZM listed 16 different points from the J to the S version, I believe I did the job ...so here we go.. enjoy,.... or not..... thank you for watching

cheers 

Alain

1a10.jpg

2a10.jpg

3a10.jpg

4a10.jpg

5a10.jpg

6a10.jpg

7a10.jpg

8a10.jpg

7a10.jpg

8a10.jpg

9a10.jpg

13a10.jpg

14a10.jpg

12a10.jpg

Edited by alain11

Nothing wrong with another rhino!  Great execution.  I've got some of those Sparkit seats in the stash, and they look impressive in the raw form, from what I can see in your build they are worth having.  

Excellent pfinal product!