Lukgraph JN-4 Jenny

vince14

On 12/10/2023 at 7:03 AM, vince14 said:

Lukgraph have issued the first CAD images of their upcoming 1/32 (also in 1/48) Curtiss JN-4 and JN-4D Jenny kits.

409506277-853062523486272-60476333727269

409496558-853062520152939-34198968301337

409556383-853062503486274-34788202535923

That is NICE! It's not for me , full resin kit with rigging? Uh no, I don't have what it takes to do this , hats off to those that can, I salute you! I saw a Gotha done at a contest with full rigging and turnbuckles, stunning. My buddy asked who did that, i said look for someone sitting in a corner wearing a straitjacket , there's your sign!

16 hours ago, Archimedes said:

...Even more thrilled to see @MikeMaben still has ‘Model #1’ - that is priceless.

Gotta be honest Paul, that's a later Testors bagged kit I built as a replica of my first kit.

I painted the wheels and prop black cuz that's the way the Aurora kit was. The markings

on the Aurora kits were raised (back then) on the surface and the decals wouldn't stick

so I just threw them out.

:sorry:

4 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

Gotta be honest Paul, that's a later Testors bagged kit I built as a replica of my first kit.

I painted the wheels and prop black cuz that's the way the Aurora kit was. The markings

on the Aurora kits were raised (back then) on the surface and the decals wouldn't stick

so I just threw them out.

:sorry:

No worries Mike! It is, as they say, 'the thought that counts' and the fact you did another version of your very first kit is still a great thing to have done.  I wish I still had mine but that particular Airfix Spitfire met its end in a hail of airgun 'Flak' somewhere over the bad lands near the back-garden shed.

Kind regards,

Paul

On 12/11/2023 at 8:45 AM, MikeMaben said:

Already got one ...

uKMSfC3.jpg

First model I ever built ...

NJt9nhm.jpg

OK my Dad helped ... a little.

And you still have it!?

I don’t know what my parents did with my first masterpieces (when it seemed to be the challenge to use all the plastic glue up from that Revell tube on that 1:72 kit…), they simply disappeared. I still think they sold them for very good money :wacko:

• 4 weeks later...