are we going to do a raffle this year?

blackbetty

I enjoy it as well but wanted to know if there is any way a donor can restrict the awardee’s location?  I donated a couple of Osprey Combat Aircraft books few years ago.  The winner lived in Europe.   Shipping costs for those two small books were close to $60.  

Any recourse here?   I’m sorry to be a Scrooge but I’m just not up for spending that much, this time around.   

2 hours ago, John1 said:

I enjoy it as well but wanted to know if there is any way a donor can restrict the awardee’s location?  I donated a couple of Osprey Combat Aircraft books few years ago.  The winner lived in Europe.   Shipping costs for those two small books were close to $60.  

Any recourse here?   I’m sorry to be a Scrooge but I’m just not up for spending that much, this time around.   

We've always offered to assist donors with expensive international shipping costs.

Kev

8 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Indeed, I'm pretty sure Santas coming again for all the good LSP boys and girls!

Yes, assuming that they have been good.

2 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

We've always offered to assist donors with expensive international shipping costs.

Kev

Yep, written right into the rules/guidelines every year.

Just now, Troy Molitor said:

Just now, Troy Molitor said:

Really?   I had a Hasegawa P-40K (1:32) kit donated which was swapped out among two LPS'er twice before I even woke up for the raffle.  Added was a nice $50 USD shipping charge to the traded LSP person to my donation.  Not saying never, but I certainly don't agree with everything mentioned here.  Please be cautious gent's.  Just kindly saying.  :coolio:  

OK, Troy. The rules/guidelines (which I suspect very few here actually read, and are posted annually in the very first post of the raffle thread) clearly address both issues, and have for several years now. When the time comes, any unanswered questions at all can be directly asked of a staff member, or in the public forums, and will be answered accordingly. We'd like to see that all here have a great time with this annual LSP tradition, and the staff has made a lot of input (via those guidelines) to allow it to go as smoothly as possible for all involved.