Italeri Macchi C.202 Folgore. FINISHED… well almost!

quang

I decided to display the kit with the entire cowling closed to show off the sleek lines of the Macchi.

The amount of work done on the engine is not wasted as it’s still visible from the wheel bay.

Testing the 10 parts fit. Mmmm… could be worse, really. :thumbsup:
IMG-3523.jpg

IMG-3524.jpg

IMG-3525.jpg

IMG-3527.jpg

Edited by quang

great progress, and once again, great uncertainty over Italeri's choices. how it's possible that there was no way to design the kit to fit the landing gear legs at the end?
that being said, thanks to your guide, I think I'll paint the underside of the wing first!

;)

2 minutes ago, mc65 said:

great uncertainty over Italeri's choices. how it's possible that there was no way to design the kit to fit the landing gear legs at the end?

What uncertainty?. It’s the safest and easiest way to have a LG like I like it: sturdy, with the right angle and correct geometry.

...something for which we are grateful.

but having the same result by being able to assemble and paint the model without having the legs extended from the very building's beginning, as in the Hasegawa Fw190D, to name one, would be welcome, at least for me.

:shrug:

9 hours ago, quang said:

I don’t get what you meant, Matt. Can you be more precise?\

Right behind the engine bay, top of the fuselage, it looks like you needed some filler.

You deleted the gun panels on the wings, I wasn't sure if the nose guns had to be deleted as well, or if there was some fit issues that needed to be sorted.

Wonderful build, I'm happy to follow along with it

Matt 

1 hour ago, scvrobeson said:

Right behind the engine bay, top of the fuselage, it looks like you needed some filler.

You meant THIS?

IMG-3333.jpg

The part was broken and missing. I replaced it with plasticard.

IMG-3523.jpg

1 hour ago, scvrobeson said:

You deleted the gun panels on the wings, I wasn't sure if the nose guns had to be deleted as well, or if there was some fit issues that needed to be sorted.

My early series 3 didn’t have wing guns but retained the fuselage MGs which will be installed later on.

Edited by quang

Good call re closing up the nose. Love that shape, and there is quite a lot going on with it anyway. I always find with cockpits , as an example, that I put so much work into them, but one in the cabinet they are only seen, if at all, from a distance - but the work is never wasted.

Cheers

Mike