F-105D Trumpeter 1/32 Every Man A Tiger Vignette

Hey Everyone I have finally completed my vignette for the Kentucky Aviation Heritage Museum! This is a forced perspective of the THUD coming in at 50' and having to lift up over the rice paddie berms on their runs. 
My son took the glamour shots this week so now all I have to do is keep her in pristine shape until the opening. 
The kit itself is built pretty much out of the box. To create Billy Sparks' aircraft I removed the spine behind the collision lite back to the fin, filled in the gun ports, removed the antennas from the fin as well, used plasticard to create the intakes and eliminate the giant void there, removed the stiffener plates under the wings, removed the gun camera, lowered the cowling and created the electronics that go on the cowling. I think that's it  ;)

pln11-XL.jpg

pln10-XL.jpg

pln8-XL.jpg

pln12-XL.jpg

pln6-XL.jpg

pln5-XL.jpg

pln3-XL.jpg

pln1-XL.jpg

pln-XL.jpg

pln4-XL.jpg

Link to the WIP:  Billy Sparks

Edited by themongoose

• 1 month later...
On 7/22/2023 at 7:23 AM, themongoose said:

Hey Everyone I have finally completed my vignette for the Kentucky Aviation Heritage Museum! This is a forced perspective of the THUD coming in at 50' and having to lift up over the rice paddie berms on their runs. 
My son took the glamour shots this week so now all I have to do is keep her in pristine shape until the opening. 
The kit itself is built pretty much out of the box. To create Billy Sparks' aircraft I removed the spine behind the collision lite back to the fin, filled in the gun ports, removed the antennas from the fin as well, used plasticard to create the intakes and eliminate the giant void there, removed the stiffener plates under the wings, removed the gun camera, lowered the cowling and created the electronics that go on the cowling. I think that's it  ;)   

Link to the WIP:  Billy Sparks

Great job!

May I post it on the website?

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

• 1 month later...